After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

@hdb0639 congrats! That’s kinda backwards/opposite of most, but take it! Hopefully you have already filled out the Housing deposit?! :+1:t3:
Was she auto admit?

Can you take a screen shot of what you are seeing in Howdy so that we can all get a visual. thanks!

2 Likes

Same! Says under review but we completed phase 1 of housing this morning.

3 Likes

We did housing this morning and still under review.

2 Likes

But do you have the 6 tabs?

1 Like

Yes we have 6 tabs.

We have her whoop you’ve been admitted! Check your AIS!

6 Likes

My daughter’s admittance is showing in the AIS now!

6 Likes

Daughter is also showing admitted in AIS! Message about engineering review taking until December. So we got great news but are in store for another wait! Yayyy!

5 Likes

I wonder if we really don’t here until then. I thought they did rolling acceptances and started sooner. Either way, we’re excited to see it “official!”

1 Like

I’ve filled out the Housing application, but I didn’t see a place to choose residence halls. I thought we were to give our top two. Did I miss part of the application?

Nevermind – just watched the video on what to expect in Phase 2 and see that I’ll choose dorms there.

@llaw8443 I’ll be honest, it does not matter AT ALL what you rank/select during the next phase of housing…all boils down to what is open when it is your dorm selection time. Not even sure why TAMU asks that, very misleading. Promise, it doesn’t matter at all. What matters is the time stamp Housing deposit was made, which gives you the highest dorm selection time.
You’ve got MONTHS to take tours, and if you paid today, you’ll have your pick.

4 Likes

In last year’s thread, people began getting acceptances into the College of Engineering on Sept. 29 (and others in late Oct. and mid-Nov.) so you’ll probably hear sooner than mid-December.

My D22 got her “You’ve Been Admitted” today too. The “Freshman Admit” letter is in AIS > My Communications > My Letters. Nice to read the full letter. And just as someone predicted, Housing app in the morning, AIS update in the afternoon. Just like clockwork.

6 Likes

Thanks! My mom was class of 78 and lived in Kruger, so my daughter hopes to get in Kruger. I’m sure that won’t fill up the way Hullabaloo or other newer dorms might, so we will probably be fine & I shouldn’t worry! Definitely clueless on how to find a roommate, but will start exploring that another day. Going to just celebrate the acceptance to TAMU today!

3 Likes

@llaw8443 she will definitely get her exact room pick, if that’s the dorm she wants! But it will be nice to not have to stress about it!
Congrats! :+1:t3:

1 Like

Yes, she was auto admit. And had 6 tabs. She also now has the acceptance message in AIS and the acceptance letter under My Communications. That all updated late this afternoon. Yes, filled out the housing deposit earlier today. Thank you!

6 tabs on 9/17, official acceptance today!!!

4 Likes

Daughter got her acceptance today as well, and Phase 1 Housing is done. Thank you to whomever said to make sure we complete it past the paid point. Auto-admit, geoscience.

Any thoughts on LLCs?

2 Likes

@DSWM the Geoscience LLC is in Wells. Here’s the link. It could be good or bad, I guess, depending on your student (mine would hate it). Limited to only students in that major, can’t pick specific room, but are eligible to select roommate from a list, looks like a couple different LLC groups to apply to.
I’d definitely take a tour at some point, between now & February.
https://reslife.tamu.edu/living/llcs/available/geosciences/