After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

Sorry for the confusion, Parking is annual/yearly (not per semester). Sports Pass is also annual/yearly (not per semester).
Things like Meal Plan, University Advancement Fee, Health Center, Rec Center, etc fees are per semester.
For real, nothing beats an Aggie football game in Kyle Field!! :+1:t3:

1 Like

Parking is available whenever ya need itā€¦ even if mid semester or spring semester. They prorate it. Loy 100 never fills up so there always be a place.

And if get a pass and donā€™t use the full year, they refund you the prorated rate as well. So those that graduate in December, get half back for example.

1 Like

Any advice on the sports pass if your kiddo will be in the Corps and the FTAB? I know he shouldnā€™t need one for football, but would you buy one for the rest of the year?

You need to join the Quad Momā€™s FB! Itā€™s only parents of Corps members. You must answer all questions for membership, and use the :mag_right: before asking questions. That page will be a HUGE help!

2 Likes

He can probably just buy student ticket when he wants to go to the games. They go less often than they think they will. Iā€™d hide and watch first year and then bell know what he needs year 2!

2 Likes

Thank you! I think thatā€™s my plan. The Facebook group makes you wait until Fall to join as a new Cadet parent.

Every page has their own rules.
NSC will be information overload!

2 Likes

12th man page say band does not buy a sports pass. Corps is required to buy a sports pass. In case there are any more corps parents here.

1 Like

If we go into NSC tab (AIS) and look around, then I assume my son is not accepting until I set a dateā€¦ correct?

Correctā€¦ but itā€™s totally unofficial. Thereā€™s no contract. Even if you select a date and pay, you are not bound to attend Tamu.

Housing is the only contract. Have to withdraw from housing by May 1st in order to not have a mess on your hands.

But even if you go to the nsc and registerā€¦ thereā€™s still no commitment. Everyone worries about this. If your student isnā€™t 100% sure but Tamu is a good possibility, Iā€™d pick a nsc date to ensure you have it.

2 Likes

Once you pick a date and register for NSC. It will give you an option to cancel.

1 Like

Just to clarify, would signing up for the NSC commit me to A&M?

Yes, Iā€™m almost positive.

Nope. Zero commitment. Itā€™s an indicator that you are going to accept but thatā€™s it. You can go all the way up to week 1 and there be no commitment except housing (May 1st deadline for refund for that).

2 Likes

No, there is still an option to cancel. We just signed up for NSC and after paying and getting to the final screen there is a button that says ā€œCancel Your Admission and NSC.ā€ Here is a screenshot.

1 Like

Asking for a friendā€¦due to timing, can kids who get accepted to gateway still do fish camp and are able to rush without conflict to timing with gateway classes?

Definitely able to rush. I donā€™t think Gateway dates will allow you to do fish camp. They overlap. While itā€™s a great tradition, itā€™s not necessary to find your place. Gateway will be their own type of camp and camaraderie.

3 Likes

For the financial aid portal, should I accept my scholarships now even if IĀ“m not 100% sure IĀ“m going to attend? It says ĀØScholarships and financial aid awards are subject to change based upon funding and student eligibility.ĀØ

1 Like

At a recent event they said it is best to accept scholarships even if you are undecided. Because it is simple on their end to cancel if you do not enroll, but if you miss the scholarship acceptance deadline, they are gone forever even if you enroll.

4 Likes

thank you!