After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

My son drives an electric car; a Chevy Volt. Any idea where he can charge it? It just needs a normal 3-pronged outlet. Thanks!!!

1 Like

A&M website & A&M app can answer just about anything! I assume this is what youā€™re asking for? :electric_plug:

https://transport.tamu.edu/Alternative/ev.aspx

2 Likes

Have other NMFs had their scholarships updated yet in financial aid portal? Daughter has had TAMU as her designated school since doing the NM application last fall. I know the schools started getting a monthly list last month with their NMF students identified. My daughterā€™s finalist scholarship has not been loaded, and Iā€™m curious if they just havenā€™t done them yet or if itā€™s something she needs to follow-up on.

Are you on the Aggie Parent pages? Iā€™d definitely ask on one of those pages, youā€™ll get a much larger pool of responses, and hear from current NM parents who can give a timeline from previous years.

1 Like

Thanks!!! We will check this out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not updated. Still shows basic amount from NMSF status. Check w/ Scholarships, indicated April timeframe to May. Seems a bit late for commitments from prospects. Indicated accepting current amounts does not impact/affect totals due based on first preference college nomination communicated.

1 Like

Thanks! The National Scholars info they sent parents last fall included a timeline showing portals will update in March. So glad to know itā€™s just their delay, not something my daughter forgot to do!

1 Like

Sports passes for 2022-2023 available! If interested, have your Aggie log into howdy to search for sports pass and choose the option they want.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s more than 1 option?

How many sports passes are there? I havenā€™t committed yet, will it still be there for 2 weeks?

Yup! They also have guest options if you want a free guest ticket with it

Oh, yes, the Guest Pass. Price was raised substantially this year, kinda surprised it was even offered again. Donā€™t waste your $ on this.

Just 1 Sports Pass, $325, for all ALL sports. Students add it to their ā€˜virtual cartā€™, you pay for it in August along with tuition. Plenty of time to add, it wonā€™t sell out until around the start of school. Absolutely :100: get a Sports Pass!!

3 Likes

You can pick different packages. Certain games are grouped together plus the additional sports.

But agreeā€¦ get it all for freshman year.

@ChristiR93 i looked it up. Our freshman year for my Aggie there was Maroon, White or full pass.
After that they did away with the maroon or white, and just had the full Sports Pass. Then they offered the Guest Pass option. That has jumped to $825 for next year. Honestly surprised theyā€™re offering that again. That Guest Pass caused more problems, confusion. Just add the $325 All Sports Pass to the virtual cart, attend as many athletic events as possible!
:football: :basketball: :baseball: :softball: :soccer: :tennis: :lacrosse: :man_swimming: :dart:
Btw, Iā€™m in town this weekendā€¦Ring Day is 4:00 today! The years have certainly flown by.

2 Likes

Whoop!!

And good to know. Iā€™m shocked they did away with it. Much more affordable for those non die hard sports people. Lol

And wow thatā€™s steep for guest passes indeed.

1 Like

Steep indeed. Lots of mixed feelings last yearā€¦as the student section wasnā€™t a ā€˜trueā€™ student section with the Guest Pass-lots of kids bringing in non Ags, or a parent who didnā€™t realize they would have to stand the whole game. It was a mess.
$325 still a bargain! Sports Pass heavily subsidized by 12th Man Foundation (which many donā€™t realize). Nothing beats SEC athletics & Aggie football in Kyle Field! Weā€™ve got our suite tix for Maroon/White game tomorrow (Iā€™m all for the extra $ to be in suite levelā€¦a/c when wanted and shade!)

2 Likes

Got it, thank you so much Iā€™ll be sure to get it if I commit! And ya wasnā€™t planning on doing the guest pass since I donā€™t really have anyone to use it on haha

1 Like

Got the sports pass and the student membership to 12th Man Foundation! :tada:

2 Likes

@martinezcs youā€™re getting a jump start!
Definitely encourage your Aggie girl to attend all football gamesā€¦best way ever to meet friends, feel the Aggie Spirit and just have a blast! Then basketball & spring sportsā€¦so much fun!
Sheā€™ll get a plaque for joining 12th Man, with a year dangle. Students can be members for just $25 yearly. Itā€™s fun you have started her early.

1 Like

Is the Sports Pass information encoded onto the Student ID or is it a separate card? Will they receive this at their NSC? If we read correctly the sports pass cost will be included when we pay tuition for the fall, and as of right now we pay only for the 12th Man Foundation donation if you select that option. If there was a payment for the sports pass today we didnā€™t see it.