After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

@Ff1042 make sure your dad is answering ALL the questions to join-the pages won’t accept him if he doesn’t.
As far as room location, that would be up to you. I think maybe not right next to the stairs, as that could get loud? Pros and Cons to being on the ground level. Many do put a lawn chair outside their room, on the ‘balcony’, so maybe 2nd or 3rd floor vs ground level?

1 Like

@Ff1042 okay, I just searched ‘FHK’ on Aggie Parents page. One complaint was noise from the basketball court-so avoid the one that backs/faces that. They are 4 floors, not 3, my bad.
You definitely want your dad to get accepted to one of the parent pages, because there are multiple posts about FHK - with tips, photos, etc. The room configuration and furniture isn’t exactly like the other dorms, so photos & tips will be super helpful.

1 Like

My wife lived on the side facing the then sand volleyball court (now basketball court). Yep, it was noisy, but the view was nice (lots of big trees). In her dorm, the stairwell is at one end, so the further down the balcony, the fewer people will pass by your window. Think of it like a cul-de-sac.

Note that the room has some furniture that’s fixed in place – upper cabinets and the dresser inside the closet (it’s more like a cubby). If it’s double occupancy, you don’t have much space to reconfigure the bed and desk. What you see in the ResLife photos is your best, usable configuration.

EDIT: In her dorm, the stairwell was in the middle, so the two opposite balconies were dead ends.

1 Like

I heard in the FHK dorms if you get a single room you still get double furniture (2 beds, 2 desks) do you know if that’s true?

He did, he’s not too savvy with technology so I was helping him. I think what keeps getting us denied is that they ask for the full name of someone that referred the page to us, and we just put college confidential lol

Try joining both pages for him again. I’ve never heard of them asking for a specific name, as a referral.
And what’s your major? There are several major specific parent pages that are super helpful.
I’d ask ResLife specifically about furniture in a single room; doesn’t sound right, that furniture for 2 would be in a single.

No idea. That’d be very misleading if they did that since the ResLife diagram shows one bed and one desk in a single room. Definitely ask them.

Where’d you hear that? Could it be whoever said that had a double and the roommate withdrew so the leftover furniture remained for the rest of the semester?

I recall that @ChristiR93 once said that she lived in a Modular once and her roomie left and she had the room all to herself. I wonder if she had two beds and two desks.

1 Like

I did have it set up like 2 of us lived there. Of course all modulars are set for 2 people where some, like fhk, can be designed for just one.

1 Like

In that YouTube video he tours the Fowler dorm, and around 20 seconds in to the video he says even if you get a single you get 2 beds . That video was made three years ago though

This is straight from the ResLife website, shows furniture for 1 in a Balcony Single

https://reslife.tamu.edu/options/halls/hughes/

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

he got rejected again :grimacing: that’s the question that they’re asking. Oh well
The group is:Aggie Mom’s & Dads of Current or New Students College Station- Q&A. Maybe they’re not accepting anymore people?

Try the Aggie Parents link I sent you

1 Like

We tried that one and got rejected a couple weeks ago, we just sent another request and it’s still pending

1 Like

Couple of things that make me doubt the video’s accuracy:

• He said, “So these are the beds. Um, there’s two of them. Even if you live in a single. I think.
    (Doesn’t sound sure.)

• He also said, “Today is the last day of the summer term, so we’re all moving out.”
    (It’s not a regular fall/spring semester. Since summer attendance is lower and things are lax, they probably stuck some single people into double rooms and didn’t bother to move out furniture; it’s short-term anyways.)

I’d believe the official ResLife diagram with 1 bed, 1 desk.

2 Likes

That makes sense!! He said for incoming freshmen so i assumed that’s how it always was but I trust the reslife website more

Not yet.

Son called the financial aid office and they said by 2nd May and asked to callback if not updated by the 3rd of May. We only made TAMU the first choice in early April though.

I first joined “Texas A&M Class of 2026 - Parents” page. Then to join and get accepted to the Aggie Parents group I found an announcement on the page with this info and used her name as my contact. Hope this helps.

1 Like

thank you!!

1 Like

Did the Phase 4 timeslots come out today? My son says he has not received any email about it. I am positive Housing said today would be the day. Did that get changed?

1 Like