After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

@ashill77 have you joined the 2 parent pages? If not, you really need to - especially for dorm selection info, tips, suggestions, etc.
Earlier today, there was a post about it, and no one had received their selection time yet, but it was anticipated to go out tonight.
Supposedly May 5 is the first selection date.

1 Like

does anyone know how early hullabaloo fills up? I’m really hoping to get a room there

They came out about an hour ago

I’ve heard people say within the first or second day of dorm selection

My time slot is the fourth day of dorm selection in the evening. Any chance of snagging a single in FHK/Schuhmacher/Davis-Gary/Legett?

damn that’s rough, okay hopefully me and my roommate can get lucky

1 Like

Yes, you should be able to get FHK, not sure about a a single tho. Davis-Gary is female (you may know that).
True Single rooms, in every dorm, fill up FAST.

1 Like

@Sophiaaalexa if you’re going in with a roommate, unless you have day 1 or 2, no chance at Hullabaloo. There will be random beds open days later for those going in w/o a roomie, but they won’t get many options.

Remember that the roomie with the highest selection date pulls for both.

Hullabaloo and Northside Modulars will fill first, by day 3, if not sooner.

1 Like

We received it yesterday evening. We got the first day-5/5 12:30pm. :grinning: Hullaballoo is not in our budget but she does want a single in Davis Gary.

1 Like

Oops forgot to count the first day of dorm selection, so I believe my time slot is actually on the fifth day in the evening

So it looks like time slots are as follows (no weekend times, right?!?)

Day 1 5/5
Day 2 5/6
Day 3 5/9
Day 4 5/10

etc.

With 12:30 & 4:30 timeslot options.

So for you experienced parents, we have Day 3 @ 12:30 (assuming no weekend slots I’m overlooking). If so, what is the likelihood we can find a northside modular? Bigger room preferably.

1 Like

Oh and we have a roomate

Definitely have MANY dorms options in place, like literally list them all and rank. Being prepared is key!
There ‘might’ be a 2 bed Northside Modular open then, but it’ll be one of the last. Those rooms are so big, wouldn’t worry about trying to get one that has an extra 2 feet. Ugliest dorms ever, but they are big.
Dorm selection moves FAST, most everyone wants the same thing, so being prepped and prepared will be your friend.

1 Like

The weekends don’t count for dorm selection?

1 Like

@Ff1042 no, ResLife employees don’t work on the weekend (in case they’re needed). In 2019, the entire system crashed (happens OFTEN at A&M), on the first day of dorm selection. We had to call in and speak to a live person, who was able to place our girls in the room they wanted.

2 Likes

Oh nice! I’m day 3 then

1 Like

My daughter has her room selection date, however her roommate received this message. They are in a roommate group and matched in Phase 3. They’re very confused about what this means for their rooming plans. Is it still possible for them to room together? Will my daughter be able to pull her up? If not, why were they able to match in Phase 3?

@Kimvogel when did the roommate pay dorm deposit? Better give ResLife a call tomorrow, someone who is on Temp List can’t be pulled up.

We will call. I know she paid later than we did but I’m not sure when. She was accepted early, but I don’t think her family knew to pay the deposit early and waited until she finally decided which school to accept. I guess I’m confused why the student was able to get through Phase 3 housing, can be added into a group, but can’t be pulled up. They have spent the last couple months meeting up, texting and planning their room. If that falls apart we’re going to have two disappointed girls.

1 Like

Very odd. If they paid after March 1, that’s probably the reason she’s on Temp List.
My Aggie did all the Housing stuff in 2019, and it was slightly different-they didn’t have ‘phases’, and both girls were early auto admits who paid immediately.
Do you have written confirmation that the girls formally ‘matched’? Like, is it posted somewhere in Howdy, or did they get email confirmation? If they have some kind of in writing confirmation, I suggest email ResLife today-include the matching confirmation and the screenshot you posted above. That way they’ll get it first thing in the morning, can review/dig around, and leave all forms of contact information (not sure if they’ll reply to a parent, or will only reply to the student?) I guess to be safe, I’d have your Aggie send the email, cc:you, and mention that they give permission to discuss this issue with you, since they’ll be in school during the day.