After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

Called ResLife this morning. Those who have been assigned “Temporary Housing” can be pulled up by a roommate. This is different from those on the waitlist, who can’t be pulled up. We were just a little confused by the terms. Going to have two relieved roommates.

5 Likes

When will be the actual move-in date to on-campus housing in August this year ?

@Dad2013 on campus dorm move-in starts August 20, with staggered move-in times. Once dorm selection is over, there will be sign ups for move-in.
Have you joined the 2 Parent FB pages?

*Remember that only Hullabaloo and White Creek have elevators. It is HOT and HUMID in August, and hauling dorm stuff ip flights of stairs gets old, real fast…

1 Like

I joined a parent FB page months ago. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Paid the housing deposit on 2/01. My son’s timeslot is May 17 at 12:30. I believe that is Day 9 of 12 (not counting weekends). Pretty low, but he says he will be happy with anything. (I guess we will see if that is really true after the first month or so.)

Hopefully, a couple folks with earlier times will do a quick post after selecting to note which dorms are still available. If so, we would really appreciate it; plus, I think it would be pretty interesting to see which dorms fill up after a certain day.

May the odds be forever in your favor!

1 Like

@ashill77 if you’re on the 2 FB Parent pages, people will definitely post daily-what’s available, what’s full. Super helpful! Gennie from ResLife will also post in June, if/when rooms & beds in Hullabaloo have opened up, full rooms in Modulars, etc. The Parent FB pages are a huge source of info.

Won’t be a lot of options by May 17, BUT except for a few crazy roommate situations and some mold in Dunn, in 3 years I’ve never heard of anyone complaining about their dorm room.

Are sign-ups first come first serve? Do you recommend not signing up on the first day to avoid the crazy crowds?

@Ff1042 not exactly sure what you’re asking?
Dorm selection slots are time specific, you can’t go in earlier or later, every student has an assigned time. If going in with a matched roommate, the roomie with the highest selection ‘pulls’ up the other and selects for both.
The later the selection time, the fewer choices there will be.
I can’t stress enough…join the 2 Parent Pages on FB for all the deets, tips and finding out what’s still left the night before your time. Dorm selection is a crazy, frantic process…you’ve gotta be super prepared, know what to face.

1 Like

I meant if the staggered move in time slots are first come first serve or random

1 Like

Oh, my bad!! Move in time. Since it is staggered, grab any time you want. Staggered is MUCH better vs a campus free-for-all (which they did up until Covid). There will be a link to sign up for move in time after dorm selection. If you’re needing to spend the night before/after, book hotel rooms NOW (get refundable so you can cancel a day & not get charged. NEVER book thru 3rd party sites).
Move in takes place during Howdy Week-which offers round-the-clock activities. Some try to do everything, some students do the minimum.
Just remember it will be HOT. In 2019, it was 103 at 5:00 p.m. :weary:

1 Like

My DS just got an email that a spot in his first choice major became available for him if he wants it. He was so excited! I’m super happy for him but also nervous. Just need to rethink everything. Was all prepared for Computing and looking forward to all the opportunities that would come with that. Now switching to Viz, his dream.
Also, he and a friend from school were planning to room together in the engineering Llc so not sure where that will leave him in the housing selections.

3 Likes

@Belk oh wow! He got offered Viz?! Never heard of that happening…congrats!
As far as dorm, if he signed up for an LLC (is it Engineering specific?) and gets out of the LLC, unfortunately it puts him at the end of dorm selection.

1 Like

Congrats! My daughter is a VIZ major too!

1 Like

Yes he will put at the end of the housing line which is a bummer since we paid earlyish. Do you know if someone earlier can still pull him up if he finds a roommate?

@Belk you would need to contact ResLife RIGHT NOW, since day 1 dorm selection room starts tomorrow. As of yesterday, I spoke to someone whose daughter moved up from Wait List to Temp, and was allowed to pair with a friend who had a high time. Once dorm selection starts tomorrow, not sure if students can ‘match’.

On the email it says roommate selection closed on May 3rd so sadly I don’t think they can have one. Unless he does random roommate

1 Like

Ds called this afternoon but he hasn’t been keeping up with all the housing how-to since he and a friend were ready to be in the Llc together. So he didn’t know what all to ask.
They basically said we will put you out of the Llc to the back of the line. I think his roommate will end up staying in the Llc.
So I guess on the last day he will see what rooms are available:(
He is so excited about viz though so not really worried about housing like I am.

2 Likes

I hope he will at least be ahead of the waitlist and temp😬

2 Likes

And I guess I need a list of the best unpopular dorms that might have openings at the end of selections.

1 Like

@Belk that would be a great question to ask ResLife. I’d explain the situation, how he got offered Viz this week, so it’s not like he’s just deciding to ditch the LLC.
There will definitely be beds left; the key is to just grab ANY bed. Once he’s in, then he can keep checking daily for beds to open up in other dorms (gotta move fast, but it DOES happen!).
Honestly never heard of anyone getting offered Viz like your son, so that’s pretty remarkable!

1 Like