After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

Is there a way to see the Aston floorplan? My son did LLC so he did not pick the room and was wondering how to see it.

For security reasons, floor plans are not published.
You can ask on the Parent Pages (or check for posts on Aston, using the :mag_right:), and people will tell you stuff like where the laundry machines are, etc.

Since we don’t pick until 5/17
for 2 beds, my daughter is telling her roommate that there won’t be much left so they are considering white creek if that’s more likely an option. Does anyone know if beds there are twins or full? On the res site it says full jr loft but I always thought all beds were twin XL in dorms?

They will definitely need to consider White Creek with a selection time that late. Furniture and bed sizes are different in WC vs regular dorms; refer to ResLife website for all details.

Check the details on the website. It specifies the bed size for each. My daughter’s dorm building (Davis-Gary) has full size beds.

2 Likes

Hi! My daughter’s selection is tomorrow at 4:30. She is hoping for a modular and she has a roommate. Northside first then southside next.
Will they all be gone?

If so what other dorm do you recommend?

Hi, what dorm did you end up getting?

@TMHudson if you’re on FB Aggie Parents, you can ask early tomorrow afternoon about Northside Modular availability; those that select at 12:30 could give the best feedback.
Honestly I don’t see the draw to any Modular, except size. They are the UGLIEST buildings ever😂 Go directly to 3rd or 4th floor, as 1st & 2nd won’t have open rooms for 2 (Northside for sure won’t, Southside might).
I think Legett is a hidden gem! All female, best location on campus-smack in the middle. It is old, has lots of character, it’s own style, but renovated.

1 Like

Okay thank you!

1 Like

Davis Gary. It was the only place left with singles besides hullabaloo and it was one of my top choices

2 Likes

As of now: Clements has 12 rooms available for a roommate pair and Clements is the only northside modular that has rooms available for a roommate pair. The rest of the northside modulars have rooms but 1 of the beds is already occupied in every room. Southside has plenty of room though

2 Likes

Thanks for checking!

1 Like

If one wanted a northside modular and it’s occupied by one person, could another person just pick a spot with that unknown roommate?

It’s interesting that Clements is the same price as “Dirty” Dunn. I’d have thought that Dunn would be in the low $3000s per semester.

I am still waiting to be added to the Facebook groups.

What about parking? I am reading up on it but it is confusing. How does the process work?

@tristatecoog when dorm selection opens, it’s a free-for-all. If a bed is open, anyone can select it! The other person occupying the room/bed can’t ‘hold/reserve’ it for anyone. Pick away!
Many times the person occupying the bed will have a bio students can view.

2 Likes

@TMHudson did you answer ALL questions to join the FB pages? If you didn’t, you’ll get declined-that goes for all pages (parent, major specific).

Your Aggie needs to read the Transportation link about student parking. Don’t register for parking until after dorm selection, and make sure WCG is included as one of their parking choices (not guaranteed a spot if WCG isn’t included).

Does anyone know if like me and my roommate choose rooms separate from each other because there are no double beds left in Modular’s, is there a way to like swap roommates later if all parties agree? Or is that not possible? I’ve been stressing myself out waiting for my date to come on Thursday haha

Yes I answered all the questions for 3 groups. They are all in pending status. I wish I would have found this page before last night lol.

When you register for parking though do you automatically get a spot then. Or do you register and they put you on a list and you get your actual assignment later?

We will wait until she chooses her dorm.
Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

@Sophiaaalexa if you have a roomie, I would not suggest splitting up. You ‘could’ be able to switch around later, but no guarantee.
There will be rooms for 2 open, but you’ll probably have to look at other style dorms, not just Modulars.

1 Like

@TMHudson parking IS guaranteed for true freshman living ON campus, as long as they register by the deadline. Parking is a true lottery draw-doesn’t matter if you apply first day or last.
Parking assignments, for all students, are given in July.
Students received an email about Parking, and the Transportation website has specific tabs just about Resident parking.
Just know that few freshman get their desired Parking spot-many get WCG. There are not enough spots for every student who wants to park on campus.