After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

We started the process and pulled the trigger the first few days of August.

1 Like

The 6 tabs we saw are in his AIS page. Not the Howdy portal. Now I know what y’all are talking about.

He’s only got three tabs as of yet. Still waiting.

1 Like

You are right. We were looking at the AIS page and saw 6 tabs. Didn’t know we were supposed to be looking in the Howdy portal (which only has three tabs right now). So we continue to wait!

And I confirmed he is applying to main campus! Whew!!

1 Like

Is anyone else choosing to have their freshman live off campus? If so where have you decided to rent / purchase? We just purchased a townhome and are hoping to understand the bus system better since the community has a pick up.

There is also a tamu app which allows the students to see the bus location/%full in real time. The link below is great for seeing all the on and off campus routes. This year, the first week (or maybe two) was crazy as far as busses running behind or being full. Its always best to leave as early as possible and then study on campus till classes start. Also, even off-campus freshman can get a parking pass to Reed Arena - but again, definitely get there early cause traffic was crazy and the lot was oversold. BTW, I have an off-campus freshman.

https://transport.tamu.edu/busroutes/

3 Likes

My daughter’s Howdy application status has been updated from “Engineering Review” to “General Engineering!” If you were auto admit and in engineering review, it might be time to go take a look at Howdy. :smiley:

5 Likes

Daughter’s Howdy changed as well from Review to general Engineering!!! Nothing in AIS yet. So excited to show her when she gets home!

5 Likes

Hi, can I put a deposit if I haven’t applied yet: thanks!

@Laura18 Housing deposit? Only accepted students can apply for Housing; it is $75 non-refundable. Housing definitely fills up, and it’s a crazy dorm selection process-based on time stamp Housing deposit is made.
EVERYTHING at A&M is competitive, starting with applying August 1, to hopefully get first day acceptance, so you can pay Housing deposit first, to get best dibs on dorm selection, on & on.
If you haven’t applied yet, get it submitted TOMORROW (not kidding).

1 Like

Son has been admitted as well are you suppose to hit the accept admission button? Is there a timeline? Waiting to hear back from other schools

No. You have time. When you register for new student conference, that’s like saying you acceot enrollment.

But look above this post at 52ag82 regarding housing deposit. Oh and can you give us the stats for the student? Rank/scores/major/ECs

1 Like

@mmantinj it would definitely be smart to pay the non-refundable $75 Housing deposit, to guarantee a spot in the dorm. If your student decides to go elsewhere, just be sure to cancel by April 30. If you don’t pay the deposit now, and they decide to attend A&M a few months down the road, your Housing selection will be slim & limited (if wanting to live on campus).
Housing selection is all based on time stamp Housing deposit is made.
Like @ChristiR93 said, booking NSC (New Student Conference) is accepting admission to A&M.

1 Like

Update to General Engineering is now showing in AIS for my daughter this AM. Hope others got the great news as well!

2 Likes

@ChristiR93, do dates start filling up quickly for NSC? We have a handful of dates in June that will work around my daughter’s dance schedule (the last of her recitals and competitions are in June). If she ends up doing Engineering Honors instead of UH, is there any concerns of classes filling up or do we not need to worry about going in June? TAMU is definitely top of her list, but she will likely not finalize her decision until she hears from TAMU and some others with regards to scholarships (she is NMSF, 1580 SAT, top 5% in highly competitive district in Texas with strong EC and course rigor).

1 Like

Does student need to activate TAMU email for future communications after admission? If so how? We received an alert from two other schools to be sure to set up and use their email for future communications.

@ElsiesMom my student got A&M acceptance 1st day in September 2019, didn’t make final college decision until February. We chose July NSC, based on summer camps and trips planned; absolutely no problems getting every class, registration took less then 5 minutes. Just don’t do the August NSC, that is way too late & hectic (and personally I think the 1st NSC always has way too many hiccups and glitches).
FWIW-Engineering Honors over UH for sure, if she has the option!

1 Like

Perfect, thanks! She is definitely leaning towards Eng Honors, even if she likes the modular dorm of UH, she wants to room with a fellow engineering student and be immersed in that environment.

1 Like

Get a NSC that works for your schedule. There will be plenty of classes in July.

And dang her stats are so impressive.

2 Likes

@ElsiesMom there are literally Engineering students in EVERY dorm. My student was in Hullabaloo, and every single student on their hall was either Mays or Engineering, most were honors. And there are Modulars all over campus, too.

2 Likes