After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

The Commons are great. Smaller rooms, but fun environment. AND on those rainy days, you don’t have to leave the building and still have everything you need!

3 Likes

Looking at howdy this morning and seeing six tabs!
I’m a review admit in the top 25%

Major: Computer Science - Applied 08/28

Weighted GPA: 5.05/6.0

Unweighted GPA: 3.88/4.0

SAT: 1400

EC: Several programming projects/hackathons, On my highschool’s broadcast team for the last 4 years, Business Professionals of America

Decent essays, nothing too special lol

One LOR

7 Likes

@ElsiesMom - Congratulations!Great stats. What engineering she wants to do?

1 Like

ok, thank you, so you just have to be admitted, but you don’t have to accept? correct? It’s our fall back school. thinking about applying and putting down a deposit in case other things don’t’ pan out.

1 Like

She is looking to do Biomedical Engineering and then on to med school, with TAMU’s EnMed really her dream program.

1 Like

@Laura18 yes, to put down Housing deposit, you must be admitted, but that is not accepting TAMU. Definitely worth the $75 to hold a spot, should you choose A&M. Just make sure to notify Housing by April 30, if you decide to go somewhere else, to cancel the contract.

Did anyone complete phase 2 for housing yet. Is engineering village LLC good, what are the good dorms there.
Any one has insight?

@hraj whatever your student lists during phase 2 doesn’t matter AT ALL. The only thing that matters is time stamp Housing deposit was made, and what beds are open when your dorm selection time is in the spring. Phase 2 is super misleading. Don’t put any effort or thought into phase 2, it is meaningless, I promise.

Major: Business - Applied 9/18

Weighted GPA: 3.6

SAT: 1290

3.7*

So we completed the FAFSA on 10/3 and the howdy financial aid portal still shows they haven’t received her fafsa. Anyone check on this yet? Is yours showing as received?

52AG82, when in the spring do you find out your time slot for housing? So right now just deposit and wait for spring nothing else to do? I want to thank everyone for all their help. First time for us and it all a little overwhelming.

@mmantinj make sure you paid the deposit, and it gave you some kind of message like-next step is phase 2. About 2 weeks after you pay initial deposit, you’ll get phase 2 questionnaire, which will ask you to list/rank several dorm choices. This is super misleading…it means nothing. Promise!
In mid April, everyone will be given a very specific window (date/10 minute time frame) that is their dorm selection time. Those that paid deposit the very first day, first few minutes, get the first time slots. They go into the housing portal and can see every bed available, in every dorm, and can choose the exact bed they want. It’s a process like selecting seats on an airplane during $99 R/T sale or trying to pick concert seats to Elton John the minute Ticketmaster opens…crazy!!
So between now (after you fill out the bogus phase 2) and late spring, really the only thing to do re: Housing is: try to find a roommate, decide if your student wants to live on Northside or Southside, take Housing tour again (it’s always good to take the tour in person again after being admitted, I think). Students will need several dorm choices, as the dorms fill up FAST.
Join one of the Aggie Parent Facebook pages, there will be plenty of dorm selection chatter about the whole process when the time gets closer. For now, just make sure you paid deposit and went far enough to get the info about getting phase 2.

3 Likes

FYI. TAMU replied to my email. They haven’t uploaded any 22/23 FAFSA’s yet into students records. It was showing in her other schools so I was concerned.

2 Likes

52AG82 thank you for all the info this is what I love about Aggies so helpful!

3 Likes

@mmantinj happy to share my Aggie Mom knowledge! It truly takes a village! The whole phase 2 thing just started, I think two years ago, and is super misleading.
The 3 big things to do are:
:round_pushpin:get TAMU admission
:round_pushpin:pay Housing deposit
:round_pushpin:book NSC (which is accepting A&M)
-don’t schedule the 1st one, it’s chaotic, system
guaranteed to crash. Any NSC is fine, just NOT
the August NSC
**my Aggie was accepted in September, didn’t
make TAMU decison until February, chose
July NSC & got every class wanted, registered
in <5 minutes

5 Likes

Has anyone set up tamu email yet or do we keep using personal email until they register?

If you can set it up, I’d set it up and start using for any future communication.

For anyone else in AP calculus… Regarding AP calculus AB…… if they get a 4 or 5 and take the credit then do they go straight into engineering math II/ 152? Is this a good idea or is it better to not take the credit and do engineering math I and II/ 151 and 152. Wondering why daughter even bothered taking this class this year to be honest if she isn’t going to take the credit? It’s the only class we have this dilemma with, all the other AP and dual credit are straight forward and easy decisions to take the credit. I feel a bit frustrated that her GC guided her towards such a rigorous senior year. 8 classes including 2 AP and 2 dual credit. Especially since we knew she was auto admit. She has so little free time.I had suggested a release period but her GC advised against it.

Based on what I’ve read on FB Aggie Parents of Engineers, its not recommended to take credit for 151 and then take 152. In 151, they do some programming and its a good introduction to engineering math. It is more desirable to take 151 (easy A) and then take credit for 152 (supposedly a hard, somewhat unrelated class), but this option is only available if one passed AP calc BC, I think.

FWIW, my son passed AP calc ab but went ahead and took the typical sequence. This was good for him since it built a strong foundation in math since aero is very math heavy. DD decision may also depend on what engineering major she is interested in. It is great that she took AP calc AB in highschool. If she is taking all the physics, chemistry, and programming she can, you have a great counselor!

2 Likes