After getting your admission withdrawn to your UC?

<p>SO has anyone out there from UCI (UC Irvine) experienced getting there admission withdrawn. I am aiming this at undergrads. In my case (AND PLEASE REPLY IF THIS WAS YOUR CASE TOO) my admission was withdrawn for an unreceived transcript. It was my counselor’s fault, but I am also to blame for not checking the website about it’s status. UNFORTUNATELY they sent me an e-mail telling me I was withdrawn and didn’t even notice until 3 weeks later. Now, after overnighting my appeal since my first week still didn’t arrive after a week, I am assuming my Appeal will start being reviewed on Tuesday if I am lucky. I am getting nervous because after the quarter starts nothing can be done. </p>

<p>YES I know I AM AT FAULT ALSO.
But could you provide why you got withdrawn?
Did you appeal?
If so, how long did your appeal process take?
Were you re-admitted?
And have you heard of anyone ever not being re-admitted?
Thank you for the help!</p>

<p>In my appeal letter I included a letter from the registrar, and my official transcripts, along with a letter from myself.</p>

<p>There was a similar CC thread about UCSD last month. A couple people got reinstated. Try this link:</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-san-diego/974631-ucsd-rescind.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-san-diego/974631-ucsd-rescind.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>If that doesn’t work go to UCSD in the Colleges section and look for a thread dated 8/5/2010</p>

<p>That counselor should be fired IMO. It’s inexcusable, it’s what their getting payed for. I would be so ****ed haha. If that happened to me, I would’ve raised a ruckus with the school and counselor.</p>

<p>BUMPBUMPBUMP. Sorry, this is is my first post and as you can see I am freaking out.</p>

<p>I got rescinded from UCSD last month as well for the same reason. My school had sent out my transcript, but it got lost in the mail. When I called UCSD they told me that they needed documentation that I had requested my transcript be sent before July 15th. My school is closed in the summer so it took a while to get in contact with someone to resend the transcript. I didn’t have a receipt for requesting the transcript or a tracking number but my principal wrote a letter explaining that our school sends a mass mailing of all student’s transcripts.
I was reinstated within a week. Unfortunately, I read somewhere that you have 7 days to respond with an appeal when you get rescinded but this is only anecdotal.</p>

<p>Thank you raincoatx. However, I called everyday last week to the admissions office asking if they had received my appeal, and not once did any counselor say anything about having 7 days to appeal. If you could link me to this information that would be great. Hopefully everything works out, though.</p>

<p>Same thing happened for me and UCSD. I believe the 7 days thing is a myth… they basically just need your transcript ASAP and rescinded you to push it as an urgent matter. After I sent my transcript and repeal letter, my admission was reinstated but my transcript was still not verified on the UCSD webpage. 11 days after I resent my transcript, a UCSD lady called my phone and told me that although they received my appeal they STILL hadn’t received my transcript. I had to send in my transcript AGAIN. Somehow, UCSD ended up receiving all three copies of my transcripts that I sent eventually -_- proving that the process might just be ridiculously slow. </p>

<p>If I were you, I’d just hurry up and get that appeal letter and transcript down there immediately and try to contact the admissions office. If you explain the situation I’m sure they won’t rescind you. They can’t rescind you for not checking your email -_-. But yeah, get in the habit of checking your email at least every 1-2 days</p>

<p>Yeah. Thanks khoi1092. Like. I said I sent one over a week ago and then overnighted another copy of my packet Thursday night. And I call everyday. And I check it daily now. Is there anywhere besides admissions I should call? Maybe the Dean’s office?</p>

<p>I am in almost the exact same boat. I sent all my transcripts in at the end of June right before I left for a two month trip abroad to Taiwan. I stayed in places where I had no internet most of the time so i didn’t get any of the warning emails, etc until i got back at the end of August. I got my withdrawal email and totally freaked out. I called the office all they told me was that the decision was final and my only option was to appeal. which i did immediately. the office people actually weren’t that supportive about the appeal, they kept telling me i should have a backup plan and to register at a cc… in my mind all i thought was that all the cc’s have already started so i’m hoping and praying that my appeal goes through. its been a week and i don’t have a reply yet. my admissions page just says an appeal is pending… good luck! if i were you i’d send that appeal in asap. the uci policy is that you have to have the appeal in within two weeks after you get the withdrawal notice.</p>

<p>@Khaface
I went to China for over a month as well and I was rescinded right when I got back. I explained that I had been out of the country in a place where internet was hard to find and sent copies of my flight itinerary. Not sure if that did anything but better to be extra safe.</p>

<p>This is ridiculous. They still have yet to recieve it. I’m about to call in some personal favors and try to fax it to someone my friend met at SPOP so they can hand it in in person.</p>

<p>@raincoatx I did the exact same thing! They have my flight info and itinerary as well as information about the program I was in so since yours turned out ok I’m hoping that mines will as well! Thanks I’ve seriously been freaking out everyday I hear people are getting their appeals denied! I have a tad more hope.</p>

<p>@uciclassof14 yeah try to get someone to walk it in. I walked mines in and my admissions page changed that very same day. I’m hoping that means I’ll get an answer that much sooner! I signed a lease a month ago and am suppose to move in this Friday! I really want to know by then</p>

<p>hmm, idk if this helps BUT my school submitted transcripts via docufide. try it. </p>

<p>[Docufide:</a> Education’s Trusted Intermediary for exchanging student transcripts](<a href=“http://www.docufide.com/index.jsp]Docufide:”>http://www.docufide.com/index.jsp)</p>

<p>Sigh. This is so unfortunate.</p>

<p>I overnighted my appeal and they still have yet to receive it. I feel like something shady is going on here.</p>

<p>Has anyone received a reply about their appeal recently?</p>

<p>Hey, I saw your reply on another discussion topic. I was admitted and had registered for UC Irvine and was super excited to go. Unfortunately, I had my admissions withdrawn because I had a D in physics BOTH semester of my senior year even tho it was an elective my counselor signed me up for saying it would look good for college even though I told her I didn’t think I would do well and I was also taking another science class as an elective and I had a B+ in it. I had A’s and B’s in all my other classes and even had a higher GPA second semester. My friend told me to appeal and write about the major athletic awards and and winning Sections during second semester.
I sent the appeal package but before I did, I emailed one of the UCI counselors asking what exactly I need to mention in the appeal letter since I never wrote one. I never got a response from the counselor, so I submitted it. A week later, they denied my appeal and I strongly feel that it was because I didn’t address and discuss what I should have. I went off in the wrong direction and didn’t mention my family/financial problems that hindered my academic performance tremendously. I sent a second appeal ( a few people told me that you can appeal more than once) with the compelling information and the documents to prove the health and financial difficulties my family and I have been experiencing and tracked it to make sure they got it. It said it was delivered and signed but my status never changed.
If you sent it using UPS, the receipt should have a tracking code and you should see if it was delivered. Since I didn’t receive any new response after I sent my second appeal, I gave up and I regret not talking about and providing supporting documents about my case. Did you tell them your whole story about not getting the notice til 3 weeks later? They may disregard your appeal because it’s so late. I feel that was a problem with my second appeal since it was past 2-3 weeks after the notice</p>

<p>No I did not. But I did mention that since all of my classmates were still awaiting updates on whether theirs had been received that I didn’t worry. And you just dropped it? You didn’t call or anything, not even after knowing that there could still be time to appeal? ): I am so sorry to hear what happened to you, but it should be illegal not to even be considered seeing as how you did send in a second appeal.</p>

<p>Seems like UCI lost a whole bunch of transcripts. I received at least 3 separate complaints from students about UCI losing their transcripts. I also heard several complaints about UCSD about a month ago.</p>

<p>This is really alarming. I will have to make a note to warn all my students to keep a receipt for the transcript request.</p>

<p>I gave up because I just felt like it was too late and maybe because they don’t accept second appeals. You should call them though. I kept emailing Deborah Decker through the admissions page message Center and she was helpful. Do you have any back up for school?</p>