After Sending in Application

<p>So I've sent my application in, but now what? Aren't I supposed to get a WiscNet or some application tracker thing so I can see what they get? Cause I saw in past years people talking about status messages they would have about counselors reviewing information and stuff.</p>

<p>You could try going to my.wisc.edu and logging in with the same username/password you used for your online application. If that doesn’t work, give it some time.</p>

<p>Give what some time? WIll I be getting an email with information? Thanks for your help.</p>

<p>Last year, e-mail came 3 or 4 days after submission with your campus id and a confirmation that they received your app.</p>

<p>Thanks, I got it today. How long do you think it’ll be before I get my decision if I’m a clear admit? if I’m in the middle?</p>

<p>The only way to answer your question is to guess. I’ll play along.</p>

<p>Clear admit: my guess is November 1st - assuming all materials are received by 9/30/2012</p>

<p>Middle: my guess that would mean deferred, therefore March 15th</p>

<p>No reason to pitch a fit, or disagree…they are just guesses.</p>

<p>You and the 100’s of thousands of people that have applied over the last 10 years all wanted to hear sooner than they did…it’s a waiting game. Time to make sure you have solid backup plans (at least a couple of other schools in my opinion) and take some time to enjoy your senior year.</p>

<p>ugh I’m so impatient. Thanks for the help Billy. It seems as if the Madison forum is little emptier this year…</p>

<p>We all moved to Seattle following are long lost QB!!!</p>

<p>My status message today just changed to this!: Your application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors. During the review we may request additional materials. You will be notified by email when a decision is made so that you can check back here for updates on your application status.</p>

<p>Does this mean I’ll find out my decision in a week?</p>

<p>Last year- mine sat at that status for almost 8 weeks.</p>

<p>When did you send in your application? Do you mind also giving me some stats? Were you accepted?</p>

<p>Submitted mid Oct. ACT 31, unweighted GPA 3.95/4.0, all the usual stuff… lots of AP, leadership positions, 3 sport athlete x 4 years. Accepted WI, MI, IL, IN, and Miami. Attending WI.</p>

<p>Yup, my son waited 8-10 weeks from the time he received that “your application us under review message”.</p>

<p>My daughter waited a little over 12 weeks after receiving that status.</p>

<p>When do you guys figure the first decisions will start coming out based on past years?</p>

<p>Two years ago the first people I heard from got in about mid-november. I think they applied close to the earliest date. I don’t know if anybody else heard before they did.</p>

<p>Two years ago my daughter submitted her online application on September 1st and found out the day before Thanksgiving.</p>

<p>Was your daughter a clear admit, Madison85, or borderline? Thanks.</p>

<p>I found out within ~4 weeks of applying, I believe. I applied on the 15th and was accepted a day or two after the Purdue game.</p>

<p>I only remember this because I was actually at the Purdue game in Madison that weekend, and was thinking about how awesome it would be to be accepted.</p>