After status change

<p>After it says I'm being under review on the UW app check, in how many weeks or months will I find out my fate? It changed yesterday.</p>

<p>That part was really quick for me. You could find out tomorrow, or in February for all is possible. It totally depends. I had that status for about 6 days and then I was accepted.
I read ur stats.. I'm pretty darn sure you're in.</p>

<p>Soon! (10 char)</p>

<p>If you are rejected, does the status change? Or does it only change if you're accepted? Also, is it better to wait longer, not wait, or is that irrelevant?</p>

<p>-Nervous Applicant</p>

<p>thdoctah: I believe it says on the status page if you are accepted, postponed, or denied. So when your status is updated, you will know, one way or another. I don't think wait time is relevant - it's probably more of an indicator of how busy they are in admissions.</p>

<p>If you get accepted, it says "From the Student Center: Congratulations! You have been admitted to the University of Wiscosin! blah blah."
If you get denied, as I did, it says "A final decision has been mailed to your home, good luck." You don't find out if you were postponed or denied until the letter comes.</p>

<p>Nonagon, how early did you apply and what region are you from? I'd suspect that if you applied in September from a rural area where they don't get many applicants, you'd get a quick decision. However, the OP is in-state and didn't apply extremely early. Mine has been under review for about a week (3.7UW, 32 ACT, OOS NJ) but I'm thinking moreso that I'll get a decision in the beginning of February rather than in the next few days. I'd expect the same for the OP, especially cause he's in-state.</p>

<p>I applied on 11-3 and Found Out on Dec. 30th.
I live in Mora, Minnesota (an hour or so N. of Minneapolis, rural)
I wasn't a "definate yes, quick decision" at all though. I was shocked that I got in period.
VVvaaapppp, again, probably find out before Valentines Day.</p>