After UW or During?

<p>hey, i keeping having this thought..</p>

<p>i so badly want to live in LA in the future, but i chose UW because it was the best engineering program i got into.</p>

<p>is it hard to get an engineering job out in LA, after UW? do any companies from LA or around the area recruit from UW? or would u recommend transferring to like a UC school at some point in between to increase my chances?</p>

<p>Go look at the Engineering career services data. Lots of conpanies with LA offices recruit at UW.
For example here’s a recent list of firms that came to recruit for CE majors</p>

<p><a href=“https://ecs.engr.wisc.edu/public/includes/empreqs_prof_che.pdf[/url]”>https://ecs.engr.wisc.edu/public/includes/empreqs_prof_che.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>yeah, but im doing ME</p>

<p>Are you able to use the UW site at all?? It lists everything about recruiting for all engineering majors. But I won’t look it up for you. Sheeesh. Don’t be so lazy. Sometimes you kids seem incapable of the most simple research. Are you ready for college?</p>

<p>hahaha…after months as the UW wizard with sage advice…the curmudgeon rears its head from the bog…</p>

<p>Bravo! (really!)</p>

<p>Yes, I was a little blunt but seriously, learning to do your own basic research work is a skill everyone needs to learn and it’s not that hard.<br>
I’m a firm believer that any good search will yield not only what we you were looking for, but also some important things you were not, but that could be even more useful.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>So true. To everything you said. I can’t even tell you what I’ve found when I wasn’t looking for it, but you probably don’t need to hear it. :]</p>

<p>And heck, this is just a college website. It isn’t that hard to navigate. =P</p>

<p>Such as…it’s not really stated on the SOAR part of the UW website for the upcoming freshman student to compile a wish list of classes, check class section availability daily and to maneuver around the add/drop capability BEFORE going to SOAR. I prodded my daughter to do it only because my elder daughter had the same issue at another Big Ten U., so I knew it was ultra-important.</p>

<p>Result was a lot less stress once she got up there, and she enjoyed herself immensely, but heard some horror stories about other kids who had to scrap their entire schedule & start from scratch.</p>

<p>Think about it- most UW students, present and future, don’t bother asking questions here. Most of them navigate the UW website and get their answers (no, the reason is not just being unaware of this site). I xth the motion to do your homework and explore the UW website.</p>