Aggie Assurance and outside scholarships

Does anyone know how outside scholarships actually affect how much the Aggie Assurance program helps? In other words, if the Aggie Assurance program is supposed to pay for the student’s tuition, and they get some outside scholarships, will the scholarship money be able to be used for other things such as housing, meal plan, etc, or will it be “absorbed” into the amount that was paid by the Aggie Assurance program to go towards tuition? I called and spoke with someone a few weeks ago, and was confused by her answer as she contradicted herself in trying to explain it. I was going to call back in hopes of getting someone else, but haven’t yet - thought I would try here to see if anyone has any experience with it. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Basically Aggie assurance is only to make sure the student has enough to cover tuition. So if the student already has enough scholarship money to fully cover tuition from any sources then no money specifically from the Aggie assurance program will be awarded. Otherwise Aggie Assurance will just cover the difference between the student’s total amount of scholarship money and the cost of tuition. Remember though that Aggie assurance is subject to funding and is not distributed until after the student has already started classes at A&M.

I’m a little confused about Aggie Assurance too, I reached out to someone at the financial aid department but didn’t really get a clear response. I’m eligible for Aggie Assurance but I still owe a few thousand bucks to meet my tuition and am having to use up not only my FAFSA loans but also will be applying for a private student loan hoping I get enough. If I don’t, honestly don’t know what I’m gonna do cause I can’t pay out of pocket and I haven’t heard anything concrete about how Aggie Assurance works!

@alirhasan96 You will not find out if you will receive Aggie Assurance until after classes have started & the tuition payment deadline has passed (about 12 days into school). You may end up not receiving it if funding runs out.