Aggie Assurance

Can someone tell me if loans are part of aggie assurance. Also has aggie assurance already been included in offers? I’m getting worried we can’t afford college if we don’t get it.

Have you already received your Financial Aid award letter? If so have you filed an appeal?

Last year we were in a similar situation. My husband was laid off after we submitted my son’s scholarship application listing his income. Since it was late in the year, the FASFA reflected his last year income but not the fact we had no future income.

Financial Aid awarded us only loans, so we filed an appeal, but they told us all aid was gone. Then in July and August things started appearing, little grants, like Student Deposit Grant, Texas Aggie Grant, and a small COE scholarship. The biggest help to us was the B-On-Time Loan which if you graduate on time becomes a grant that is forgiven.

Those plus the Federal Direct loans added up to enough to pay the first year.

I can’t promise anything like this will happen for you, but I encourage you to contact financial aid and discuss your situation.

We have 3 grants that total under $6,000. Plus loans. If you include loans it does equal more than $9,428 advertised tuition that Aggie Assurance was suppose to cover. The website says grants and scholarships to equal tuition. No mention of loans.

I really don’t know. But you are ahead of where we were last year. Most of our aid showed up in July and August. It won’t be until May that they get decisions from the offers they made. At that point they dole out more aid because not everyone who was offered aid accepted admissions.

If you have a chance call and talk to Financial Aid.

Good luck. I hope you get all the aid you need.

If anyone else has this question… Financial aid office told me the aggie assurance is added after 12th day of class and it does not include loans. So in our case it it will be about $3400. That is unless we have outside scholarships which at this point we don’t have any scholarships… We have almost 6000 in grants. Tuition 9428 minus 6000 = 3428.

Does B On time loan show up on financial aid portal

Yes, the B On Time loan shows up but we did not get it until late July or early August. Then when got an additional B-On-TIme loan during the spring. It really helped us. As you probably know if you graduate in time (4 years Liberal Arts and 5 for Engineering) then you don’t have to pay it back.

Ironically the B-On-Time loan is chronically late meaning that it shows up a day or so after the bill is due. It all worked out in the end. But if it looks like it will be late call Financial Aid and they’ll tell you what to do.