Aggie Gateway Program

<p>Has anyone been accepted into this? It's the 7 credit hour summer school thing that A&M has. You meet the requirements (take the classes and have a minimum 2.0 GPR) and you're given full acceptance to A&M for the fall.</p>

<p>You get housing, as well, and it's from June 28-August 8. </p>

<p>I heard only 500 kids get this, but I really want this. I am not at all against getting an easy GPR and some credit hours done with already before my freshman year even starts.</p>

<p>i would love this for my daughter, but i doubt it will happen. i would think they would fill this before blinn team.</p>

<p>In my opinion, the Gateway program is a little more of a prestigious option that is offered to the applicants that are on the border of getting full admission, or a secondary program. The way I’m looking at it is: the longer it takes for them to review my application, the better, due to the fact that they have not directly rejected me yet. Don’t get me wrong, I am hoping for full admission so I do not have to do summer school or Blinn TEAM, but I would accept one the secondary options in a heart beat. In other words, I think the Gateway Program is filled up later, as I have not heard of anyone who has been offered it, but I could be wrong.</p>

<p>i don’t think that makes sense. the longer they take to give you an answer, the further you are down the list, IMO. they can probably fill the class with almost all auto and barely missed auto admits.</p>

<p>the stats of people who are getting blinn team are not too far away from auto admit (at least the ones i have seen.</p>

<p>and i think that the full admission ship has probably sailed for you and most others that have not heard yet (including my daughter). i could be wrong, though.</p>

<p>If it is true that the stats of the people accepted into Blinn are close to auto admits, then I’m pretty much as close as is gets. I am literally the top 11%, maybe higher now, and my GPA when my application was sent was 3.88, but it is higher now. I missed the top ten by just a few people, so I am ON the border. I have very high hopes that I will either be offered full admission or Blinn, given that my stats are comparable to most people that have been accepted into either program. </p>

<p>Right now I THINK the admissions office is weeding out the people that qualify completely for full admission or secondary options, and absolute rejects. </p>

<p>That leaves the borderline people that will either:
A.) Get accepted fully
B.)Get accepted into Blinn TEAM or Gateway
C.)Unfortunately, rejected. </p>

<p>The evaluation time for people on the border will take longer since the admission’s office must look at those applications closer. I spent quite a bit of time on my essays for them to stand out, but in a positive way. Plus, I applied to the College of Geosciences with an Atmospheric Sciences major, which is not the most popular school. </p>

<p>Again, this is all a theory, but I need SOMETHING to calm my anticipation! ;-)</p>