Aggieland 101 Trip???

<p>I just got mail from A&M that asks if I would like to go on the Aggieland 101 trip (I've already been accepted). The letter says that it's from October 9-11 at Texas A&M, for students who are eligible for automatic admissions. It also says that the OSU vs. TAMU game is part of the trip, and that the trip itself is FREE. So I'm looking at this, and am thinking... wow... lol
Anyways, has anyone been on this trip? Will I have to drive up there myself if I want to go? And is EVERYTHING really free???</p>

<p>Don’t know about Aggieland 101, but ds did a SHIP overnight this summer and had a blast. I can’t believe how much he liked the school as we’re Longhorms. Everything was free, and the food was catered. I think A&M has learned how to do these recruiting visits up right. They really want to seal the deal for those of you already admitted.</p>

<p>Besides, that should be a helluva game, what with OSU’s big loss to UHouston last week.</p>

<p>Interesting. Is Aggieland 101 hosted by a particular college? My twins are auto admits and they have not received that notice…yet.</p>

<p>um it says that it is hosted by the DFW Prospective Student Center. I just got a call from A&M like two days ago, and they asked whether or not I made my decision to attend A&M next fall… then i said no, and then they asked me if i wanted to be in the Corps blah blah blah. But yeah, I’m guessing this invite has something to do with my saying that I’m not sure A&M is the University for me. I’m sure your twins will get it soon. It looks pretty fun.</p>

<p>STV- This looks like a great deal to me! I did a search on the A&M website and could find virtually nothing about “Aggieland 101”. I’m guessing that it’s a program run by the Prospective Student Centers around the state. This could mean that my son (also Auto Admit) is out of luck because we don’t live near any PSC’s. Plus, A&M is the only Texas school he applied to, so they might figure he’s a “lock”! He is hoping to go to the A&M/OSU game and the tickets are $80 - yikes! I hope you can take advantage of this great opportunity. Let us know if you do!</p>

<p>Like Youdon’tsay said, SHIP was totally free and my S had a great time, so I’d say call A&M and confirm the details. My guess is that it will be a fun time! They know how to do things there!</p>

<p>Hey, STV, I have a question. You said you have already been accepted to A&M, but I thought they didn’t send any acceptance letters until later. Am I wrong? When did you apply and when did you get your acceptance letter? My S hasn’t even applied yet, as he was waiting on National Merit semifinalist status and waiting to finish up his Eagle Scout. That stuff is behind him now, so I’m hoping he will apply soon!</p>

<p>Barfly, A&M has rolling admissions, so as soon as people apply, they can hear back any time between now and next spring. Typically, the auto admits here the soonest, but there are many review candidates that hear sooner as well (my son was one of those last year, admitted in November). Their advise is to apply as early as you can regardless of your auto admit/review status.</p>

<p>Wow, gxgal7, I didn’t realize that. I knew they had rolling admissions, but I thought the first admits would start hearing in November. Not sure why I thought that, except that I don’t know anyone who has ever heard this early. How nice to start your senior year already knowing that you are accepted! Maybe this info will inspire my son to get right on it!</p>

<p>Oh I see, Aggieland 101 is from the Prospective Student Centers. We have been to our local Prospective Student center and were told that the twins were on some list for an event in November. [? don’t know what that is]</p>

<p>The twins have their acceptance letters. They received them on the 12th.
A&M also called the twins and asked them if they wanted to join the corp. They both declined the corp but said yes to attending A&M.</p>

Barfly: My daughter applied August 1st but is not auto admit. I was excited to hear that your son received word so soon. Do you mind if I ask you questions about his class ranking and SAT/ACT scores? I ask because my daughter wants to only go to A&M. She is top 21% with GPA 4.20 and the “new” SAT of 1300 (680 reading & 620 math).
It would be so great if my daughter heard back from A&M soon! :slight_smile:

MODERATOR’S NOTE: Please use old threads for reference only. This thread was started in 2009, so what applied to this poster might not be accurate today.