ah you've got to be kidding me

<p>so i got postponed today, im pretty disapointed but i was kinda expecting it. I'm gonna fill out the postponed application and get it in asap, they say 50% of postponed applicants get in so i guess i still have a chance.</p>

<p>Aww, I'm sorry. :( I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.</p>

<p>If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?</p>

<p>1260/1800 3.5 uw</p>

<p>Show interest dude. Seriously, if you Really wanna get in, annoy the heck out of them with a letter every week. Call frequently. Have alumni write and call if you know anyone. Get one more rec from a teacher, one from outside of school, like a boss for example. A postponement says you are right in the mix academically, now lets see how bad he wants it. Goodluck.</p>

<p>what should i say when i call them? Could you give me the status of my app?</p>

<p>Wow... you're always a week behind me! ;)</p>

<p>i just cant for the day that u actually get accepted to Michigan or Wisconsin, if u got accpted to one of those two, id be just as happy as if i got accepted.</p>

<p>by the way, when do u think u'll turn ur supp app into U of W?</p>

<p>In your calls, you should ask about your application, and ask what you can do to bolster your chances. Ask about anything, the point is you're calling and this shows interest. Send them a few letters. Kick it off with a UW remains my top choice and heres why..... Throw in there that you are determined to enroll. Send them letters when good things happen to you. ?Send them letters about any honors or awards you win, and when your quarter grades come out. Find alumni to call or write for you. The fact you were postponed means you are within the academic range, but they weed them out because some people just apply for the heck of it and show no interest. With some interest shown, you'll get in. The reason I know these things is because my friend got postponed from UW last year with a 3.3 uw and 1230. She employed this very strategy and is today happily enrolled in Madison. Goodluck Goblue.</p>

<p>great, thank you for the advice</p>

<p>I just got my senior year grades today, so as soon as possible for the supplement.</p>

<p>Last year my daughter was postponed. She was told she'd hear in March. She sent in her first semester grades (they didn't have a postponed application then) with a letter from a teacher/ coach, stating that she WOULD attend UW if accepted. It was early February that she was got the word. She is now the happiest Badger in Madison.</p>

<p>And, GoBlue, her stats were not quite as good as yours. Good luck.</p>

<p>I was "pwned" yup postponed today. AHhhhh. I am in Penn STate maryland comes in a week. I wanted to get into Madison incase i didn't get into maryland(i live in maryland that is why i would go there). I like penn state and got into one of their honor business programs but I really wanted options. I applied to late to wisconsin. I applied on the 1/22, all my stuff was there but not the fee which got to them on 1/29. </p>

<p>Stats
my school ranked top 25 of all high schools in Newsweek's top 1000 High school thing so i do go to a competative school. THe school thankfully doesn't rank.
1380 SAT 770m/610v
GPA was a 3.14 freshman year. Since then uw-3.5 W-4.36.
My senior grades aren't anything special enough to get me in. UW-3.56 W-4.14.<br>
I sent two recs with the first application and will send 1 to 2 more. </p>

<p>I don't know what i can say but i am going to e-mail them right now. gosh darnit</p>

<p>cheapseats how did you hear back so quickly?? I applied on 12/15 and I havent heard back, an admissions officer is still reviewing it.</p>

<p>The same thing happened for me with penn state. i applied at 11:50 PM on 11/30 (10 minutes before the end of the priority deadline-i know i could have been a little late but hey) -i guess i procrastinate just a little bit- and 8 days later i was in. Other kids on this site just got answers two days ago. I don't know..........</p>

<p>give me deadlines and i will meet them but give me open ended amounts of time and i shall be thee last to finish it. I am going to finish this postponed application like right now though.</p>