Ahhhhh...uc Gpa..... Am I Finished?

<p>10TH W GPA 3.72
11TH W GPA 3.50
<strong><em>UC GPA IS A 3.14</em></strong>***** (AHHHHHHH)
SAT I- 1580 (trying again in Oct)
over 700 hours of community service hours in a hospital
President of Interact Community Service Club (two years)
Treasurer of Best Buddies International (two years)
CSF (10TH AND 11TH)
Have taken a bunch of AP and Honor classes
low income family
1st generation college student
I want to major in BIO or in public health.
Thank you!!!
My chances at ANY UC?</p>

<p>You're not "done" at all the UCs. You're just not looking too good for the top tier and second tier. To answer your questions, yes, you can still get into Merced, UCR, and possibly UCSC. If your ambition was to get accepted to a top tier UC, I would suggest the JC->UC route, preferably TAG with UCSD, which is a school strong in biology. If you were trying for a midtier UC, then the discrepancy between your UC GPA and your weighted 10th/11th grade W GPAs suggests you've taken some hard courses. Theres obviously no promises, but I have heard of people getting into Irvine based on that despite inadequacies in their GPA. A 1580 is absolutely too low, though. If you can't break 2000~2100+ at this point, I think your chances at midtiers is for the most part gone.</p>

<p>thank you very much for your input</p>

<p>Possibly UCSC? Santa Cruz is like 80% acceptance dude. Yes, I would say you don't have a great shot at the top ones, but I still think you will get into Davis and some of the middle tier ones if you raise your SAT (even without raising it, you should still have a shot). </p>

<p>Remember, UCs accept lots of kids who are 1st gen and low income.</p>

<p>Also, are you sure your UC GPA is that low? Maybe you're calculating it wrong. It shouldn't be that much lower than your weighted GPA, and in some cases, your UC GPA should be sizeably larger. But I mean, they're not going to just look at your GPA, but your grades in each class. So like if you took challenging classes and did decent in them (which it seems you did), it's better than someone who just took easy classes and aced them.</p>

<p>The UC gpa can go quite a bit lower than the weighted if the atudent attends a school that weights a lot more classes than the UC's assign weight to. This happened to a friend of mine's son: she kept seeing over 4.1 on his hs transcripts but when she called her gc to get the actual UC gpa, it was much lower.</p>

<p>UC's love to see honor/AP/IB/College level classes, and since you have a bunch I would imagine you would get into at least one (if not more) mid-tier UC's like Irvine, Davis, and Santa Barbara if you raise your SAT's a bit.</p>

<p>Yeah, Like bessie's friend I have a 4.2 Weighted GPA a 3.4 UW GPA and a 3.7 UC GPA.</p>

<p>A lot of Honors/AP Classes and a couple of IB in there.
Grade inflation, but not really cause I passed all my AP Tests (except Chem)</p>

<p>which UC'S should I apply to...... which ones do i have a shot at? Also do UC'S look at extracurriculars (my 700+ hours of community service)?</p>

<p>I have 3.88 unweighted, 4.15 UC GPA, and 4.4+ WGPA...</p>

<p>If money isn't a big problem for you, and you still want to get into the top tiers, you should at least send your application out to them. ECs do count, but not as much as private schools. 700+ is definitely good, although make sure they were all done in high school. I'd suggest at the very minimum:</p>

<p>UCR/UCM
UCI or UCSB</p>

<p>That would entail the ones you have a reasonable shot at. Again, if you really want to apply to another few, its only an extra 60bucks, and if you really want to go there, its better not to worry the rest of your life about what "could've" happened if you didn't apply. UCs CAN be unpredictable after all...</p>