AIS change in first major

Hello, I am an international student who applied to TAMU for my first major as chemical engineering and my second major as a material science and engineering. I applied on January 2 and knew the deadline was March 1. Today I checked my AIS homepage and realized that my first major was changed to material science and engineering and my second major was also material science and engineering. Does it mean that I have no chance to get admit as chemical engineering?

Yes, you are correct. Chemical Engineering has reviewed your application and declined. They will put it into the hands of Material Science and engineering for review.
There may not be anything wrong with your application. Sometimes, transfers are declined due to high competition and very few seats available.Sometimes, there are no seats available to transfers.

Internal students, such as the current freshmen about to apply to their major next month, have priority for seats in each major.

Good Luck

@Thelma2 thanks for the reply. Do you know anything about the consideration of second major choices? Is it way more harder to go in than the people who selected material science and engineering as their first major choice? Do you also know anything about transfers to material science and engineering? I have a 3.9gpa. Is it competitive enough?

@“letsgetit!”

I don’t know about the consideration for second choice majors as there are so many factors that go into the decision by the department and no one is privy to what the specifics are in the department any given cycle.
If you’re asking if you have less chance for your second choice because you were not accepted to your first choice, that doesn’t matter and will not hurt your chances of your second choice.
Being denied your first choice could be as simple as there are zero seats this admission cycle or there could be only 3 seats open and there were 3 people with a 3.901 GPA or with a higher grade in a specific class, etc.
The second choice major will do the same evaluation of all applicants and the number of seats they have for fall.

I wish I could give you specifics and definites but I cannot. Good Luck

@Thelma2 Thank you so much!