Ais

<p>I applied on Aug. 1st for spring semester. I have not received an email from A&M with a Net id #. it has been only a week but on apply Texas it said 2 business days. Does it normally take longer than this or do you think there is a problem?</p>

<p>I will transfer from Lone star college and they are bad about not sending transcripts, so I would like to check on this, on the ais website.</p>

<p>or uin # which ever?</p>

<p>I am applying for fall 2012. I applied last Thursday and I got my UIN this morning in my email, so it took a full 7 days. They send it in the mail also, so keep an eye out for it there. I’m not sure which one comes first.</p>

<p>Thanks for the reply, I got it today. I seem to be on step 3 already. let me know when you get on step 4 please, and I will do the same.</p>

<p>hello guys, I am a transfer from lonestar. im still in step 2. how long does it take u to move from step 2 to 3?</p>

<p>tuwzee, I am not familiar with Lonestar. But just a couple of questions for you.
How many credit hours do you have right now?<br>
What is your desired major?
What is your gpa?
Have you checked your earned credit hours against the transfer credits list? You need 24 transferrable credit hours to be considered.</p>

<p>well I was able to log on to ais on Aug. 11 and was already on step 3, and still there. I applied on Aug 1st</p>

<p>Klparker, I have 90 hours (i know it’s a lot). I applied for biochemistry major, GPA 3.7. I was going to nursing, but then I found out from couple friends that I can save up time if I am going for med school, that’s why I changed to biochem and have so many hours. I have plenty of hours based on table 1 and 2 of biochem degree track as a transfer student. Problem is I don’t have calculus class at all. They just received all my transcripts yesterday. I am just curious since I am not an auto admit. If I could hear back from them early, then I wouldn’t have to spend money and apply for other universities.</p>

<p>tuwzee,
I would suggest you to go to a prospective student center and talk to an adviser.</p>

<p>There are a lot of things to consider here.
1st - if you do not have calculus - and it is on the required list, you probably will not be accepted until you have it.<br>
2nd - how many hours do you need to graduate? You have to take 45 residence hours at A&M to be able to graduate. Could you be in danger of going over the excess credit hours limit? Do you know how many credit hours you need at A&M to graduate?</p>

<p>klparker,
I have visited PSC here in houston. I also talked to biochem admission advisor. they said it is case by case basis. I have taken algebra, stats, and trigs and i made A’s in those classes. for biochem, i need 130 hours to graduate and only 36 hours of residency required from A&M. There is no limit hours for transfer student, so im good. But i am on step 4 now. Hopefully I get accepted. wish me luck :slight_smile:
and thank you for your input. I really appreciate it.</p>

<p>i do wish you luck tuwzee!<br>
I am very happy you visited the PSC
please post when you are accepted ;)</p>

<p>Just a few days ago a friend of mine here had his major changed to Petroleum(he requested this long time ago…around the beginning of August).He has been on Step 3 for weeks now,and he is thinking maybe they will accept him(otherwise why would they bother changing his major now if he will be rejected anyway).Don’t know if it’s true.</p>

<p>I’m still on step 3</p>

<p>hi klparker, just wanna let you know that I just got my acceptance today from A&M :wink:
Thank you for the support. I really appreciate it</p>

<p>This morning my S moved to step 5 :slight_smile:
The question I have is how to tell from the AIS system whether or not he recieved his 1st choice major. We have the option to accept but it doesn’t have anything specific. Do we have to wait to receive the mailed decision to know for sure or would it be his 1st choice unless otherwise noted?? Thanks in advance for any responses.</p>

<p>congratulations tuwzee!</p>