Alabama Action

<p>Does anyone know what the current situation is as far as availability for Alabama Action? One of my future roomies signed up at Bama Bound yesterday so I’m trying to do so as well, but you need a parent signature on the form and I won’t see my parents until this weekend, so I’m worried by the time it gets mailed down there everything will be full.</p>

<p>I just tried to call the Honors College to ask whether there is any way they could hold a spot for me until they receive my application, but no answer so far…just wondering if anyone here has any info.</p>

<p>I guess good students like yourself never had to forge their parents signature on a report card when younger :-)</p>

<p>I’d call your parents and ask for their permission. If they grant it then ask them if you can sign their name on the form and mail it back.</p>

<p>nj thinks like I do.</p>

<p>If you call your parents and get verbal permission from them, you can sign their name…or you could fax back and forth to each other. </p>

<p>As I wife who is certain that the bank has no real idea of what her H’s signature really looks like…lol</p>

<p>m2ck, lol I usually sign my H’s name even when he is there as no one has ever seen it!</p>

<p>Exactly! :)</p>

<p>LOL, this honestly did not even occur to me – which is not to say I never had to forge a parent signature on a test or two, NJ. ;)</p>

<p>As much as my mom is a non-rule-breaker, it is much more convenient for her if I can move in a week early, so I’m sure she’ll be fine with it. Hopefully it will get there on time…</p>

<p>If you really want your mom’s signature call the Honors College at (205) 348-5500 and ask if you can fax the form. I often have to send documents across the country and it is so much easier when I can fax the forms.</p>

<p>Thanks for the help everyone! I did a terrible forgery of my mom’s signature (whoops) and sent the form out today; I also spoke with Jami Gates, who said as long as I get the application in before the next Bama Bound, I shouldn’t have a problem getting a spot. I’m so excited!</p>

<p>I really wonder why they need a parent signature. I can’t think of any/many things in college that a student needs a parent signature.</p>

<p>It likely has to do with the liability waiver and the fact that in most cases, 18 year olds are not considered adults in Alabama (they are for criminal cases however). If they were 19, they wouldn’t need a parent/guardian’s signature.</p>

<p>Does anyone have any idea how long it should be before I hear whether I’ve gotten a spot?</p>

<p>It depends on when the person who processes applications is in. If you don’t hear from them by noon Friday, call Jami and ask about the status of your application.</p>