Alabama Admissions?

<p>Hello everyone! I’m new to this site, I am wondering how long it took for you to hear back from Alabama? It has been over a month now and I’m very anxious! All of my items were received on December 18th and still no word back from them yet.</p>

<p>Have you checked your crimson email? I believe that is the email they use.</p>

<p>Tjmom yes I have and still nothing!</p>

<p>Why not just call admissions tomorrow?</p>

<p>Sorry to hijack this a bit, but does anyone know how Bama sends out its transfer decisions? I couldn’t find anything on their website, and on average how long does it take to give out said transfer decisions? Thank you!</p>

<p>I called admissions a few weeks ago. I don’t want to be a pest and call again!</p>

<p>If you are admitted, you will see a Student Tab with new options on the MyBama site. Watch for changes in your MyBama Site. One of these changes will be a place to pay your deposits.</p>

<p>Yes, check mybama and see if you have any new tabs.</p>

<p>As for transfers, Has the school received your first semester grades?</p>

<p>Yes, they have received everything as of January 11th.</p>

<p>Still no new tabs! The other colleges I’ve applied to haven’t taken this long to respond, which I guess is the reason I’m worried. Thank you all for the advice!</p>

<p>Seriously, call and check for your peace of mind.</p>

<p>Tress…</p>

<p>What are your test scores and GPA?</p>

<p>Not one I’m proud of… 21 act and 2.5 gpa because freshman and sophomore years I didn’t take high school seriously. Alabama does accept these scores as I know someone who got in with a 19 act 2.0 gpa. UC and NKU have already accepted me but bama is my first choice.</p>

<p>^^</p>

<p>Your stats are likely the reason for the delay. The other person that you know must have either applied earlier in the app season, is instate, is an athlete (or has some hook), or applied another year. </p>

<p>Are you instate?</p>

<p>Have you sent your first semester senior grades in? If not, do so.</p>

<p>If it helps any, I also had a 21 ACT score (ugh!) and was admitted last Thursday. However, my GPA is 3.7. I am out of state as well.</p>

<p>I submitted my application on December 31 and was accepted on January 24.</p>

<p>Send your “area recruiter” an email - you can find that person’s name on the website here: [Find</a> Your Recruiter - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/staff/]Find”>Find My Recruiter) - and express your concern/excitement about your application status. I really believe that sometimes when a pile of applications are sitting there, you can make yourself stand out by communicating with them (not in a pushy way) and inquiring about your status. Keep it short and sweet though…no long essay in the email! Be sure to include your full name & high school name at the end of the email so that they will know who you are!</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>I am out of state I am from ohio! And yes my gpa would have been so much higher if it wasn’t for my first two years of high school I should have taken them more seriously. KimmieGG when did they receive all your paper work?</p>

<p>A higher GPA can trump low test scores. State schools value GPA highly for admissions.</p>

<p>Tress, can you send in your senior year first semester grades? Will that help make your GPA look better? What grades did you get? </p>

<p>Are your parents OK with paying the high out of state costs at Bama?</p>

<p>Yes it’s okay to pay bamas out of state. I need out of my house its not a good situation which also has reflected on my grades over the years… to bad you cant tell admissions that, although i guess its not an excuse its just really hard to be in a situation and balance school. It really is but regardless if I’m accepted or not I really want to know! My guidance councilor was supposed to send in my first semester grades, if she actually did or not in not sure yet because I haven’t been able to go visit her again. I did email my area rep again to see what’s going on with my application.</p>

<p>Tress,
They received all of my documentation on January 3.</p>

<p>Glad you emailed the area rep! Let us know what you hear back from them! Good luck.</p>

<p>KimmieGG she said they are still reviewing! She also asked me to send in me semester grades, which my councilor mails them out the beginning of last week. So hopefully I know something soon!</p>