Alabama Application

This feels like a really dumb question…I’ve started the UA application online and it appears to be only 2 pages long. There’s no place to enter grades and no list of what documents to send. Does that pop up after you “submit” the application?

I’ve heard its very short. If I remember what my son said, a few days after you submit the app you’ll get a login. Logging into their system has all the instructions for what to do next.

Okay, great. Thanks! Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something and inadvertently submitting an incomplete application. Doesn’t even ask for extracurriculars or any essays either. But maybe that comes later…

Make sure you are applying to the correct year! If the 2018-2019 application is already up, that is early.

It’s up for 2018-19.

@lancelot15 I am going to be a freshman at UA this year so I filled out the application just last year. There are no essays. It seems strange, but it is a college application that you can finish in 10 minutes. You do need to send grades so I would contact your school to send the university an official transcript. Good luck!

I checked just now, it seems that they did not need recommendation letters, and not through common apps and only require the standardized scores and school transcript, am I wrong?

You’re right. It’s really easy.

And pretty typical of big public universities. They don’t have the time or staff to read through all those recommendation letters or essays, so they base admission on stats - GPA and standardized test scores.

Where UA is unusual is that it makes scholarship decisions based on those same stats. An easy-peasy and completely transparent process.