Alabama Conitunes to Amaze

<p>Here is the short version:
A little background the GI Bill is last payer if you have a scholarship for tuition, you can not be refunded any GI Bill Money. There will not be any overages. The GI BIll will only pay the difference in your scholarship and tuition/fees.</p>

<p>D’13 has my husbands GI Bill, from the beginning of our College search we have always asked how that works with each schools scholarships. At Bama we had been assured that because it states the value of tuition that her GI Bill would pay first, scholarship would be applied to other charges on her account such as housing and any overage would be refunded. Early this Fall as Bama rose to the top of D’s list, I sought reassurance from the VA office at UA. Contrary to how Bama Scholarships work with every other type of additional funding, ie employee tuition programs, the language in their scholarships was not sufficient to allow for the GI Bill to pay first. We were devastated, it could make the difference in D attending. After months of emails I am happy to say that the UA has gone above and beyond…they are changing the language in the Scholarships so that GI Bill recipients will get the most of out their benefits as well as their scholarship! It amazes me the a State University is able to fix an issue so quickly and cares enough to. RTR</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Glad to see that Bama will go the extra mile for the issues of vets and their kids who have the GI Bill.</p>

<p>Longsx3, you deserve a pat on the back too for your perseverance in working with the college to get the change made. Roll Tide.</p>

<p>Would that every organization and individual would ALWAYS defend those who have dedicated their lives to defending us.</p>

<p>UA: Utterly Amazing.</p>

<p>RTR.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone, we are so pleased. I can guarantee it would not have happened at a Florida School.</p>

<p>Great news for your daughter and glad that this will apply to others as well!</p>