Alabama or Bust: Here We Come

<p>Okay all, post when you head to UA so we can pray for safe travels as we embark on this journey and our kids start a new chapter.</p>

<p>We just pulled out of the driveway with DD’s car on the trailer and a car full of stuff. Just 3 weeks ago she graduated from high school and now we are heading to move her to college. Time flies! No Kenny Chesney songs allowed on this trip, trying to conserve the Kleenex. </p>

<p>Alabama, here we come.<br>
Roll Tide</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Safe travels! Why is she moving so soon?</p>

<p>She is attending Early College. </p>

<p>Thanks y’all</p>

<p>Try Buddy Jewels’ ‘Sweet Southern Comfort’. (Recommended to me by one of the helpful CC posters for my son’s graduation CD.) Every time I get to ‘Sleepy Sweet Home Alabama, Roll Tide Roll’ I lose it, and I don’t lose it easy-</p>

<p>C’mon, TxNC, I double dawg dare ya!</p>

<p>Safe travels, and Roll Tide.</p>

<p>37 days til we are on our way…PRAYERS ALL AROUND. For each and every one of us.</p>

<p>Roll Tide Roll !!!</p>

<p>We leave bright and early in the morning for Bama Bound. DS and DH have toured the campus already, this is my first visit and I can’t wait to see what all this fuss is about!</p>

<p>and of course…</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Hate to tell y’all this but this time next year, they may hardly look back when you leave them!</p>

<p>I am moving my DD in tomorrow for summer school after her first (wonderful!) year at Bama … she is so excited about returning to her “real life” finally after 6 weeks “visiting the parents.” We rolled into Tuscaloosa tonight late, and she was out the door to meet friends before I could turn around. I guess she will be around at some point if she wants my help carrying boxes and perhaps paying for a run to Walmart…</p>

<p>Good times, she loves all the Alabama has to offer, and I wish the same to all of you starting this journey.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Wishing all of the new UA college students the best freshmen year experience ever!! </p>

<p>Parents: Don’t be worried…your students are taking the first steps on a grand adventure, they will return to you as a “more mature young adult version of themselves” with new ideas and interests. There are so many opportunities at UA that their future possibilities are endless. Here’s hoping that this year is a great success.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Just crossed over into Alabama. Got a little teary when I realized that the little black car on the trailer is going to be here awhile before it is ever back in Texas.</p>

<p>Awww TxNewCollegeMom…it is hard that first time dropping them off. But know that she is on the adventure of a lifetime and it’s because of all your support and love that she is able to fly as far as she is going to. You did a good job…now sit back and watch as she stretches her wings and flies! </p>

<p>Travel Safely and RTR!</p>

<p>TxNewCollegeMom, I feel for you. It wasn’t that long ago that I was having the same feelings as you are having right now. When we crossed the line in to AL, the sign said something like “Welcome Home”. Several months later when our son came home for the winter break, he kept referring to UA as “home”. “At home…When I get home…I am going back home…” etc… It hurt but also was comforting to know how much that place meant to him. I echo several things others have said. A year later, my son is a “more mature young adult version” of himself. The opportunites he had his first year at Bama were amazing! He loves UA! </p>

<p>Good luck to you and your daughter! I hope she grows to love UA as much as my son did! Welcome to the Bama family!</p>

<p>Thanks all! I’m so glad she is going to a school that makes them feel like they are at home. </p>

<p>There is now a little black car with Texas plates on the streets of Tuscaloosa. D, D2 and D2’s friend are all in it heading for some lunch.</p>

<p>Just have lots of tissues for the drive back with the empty seat in the car. My rising junior told his grandparents a few weeks ago that he was ready to go back to school. We’ll be moving son 2 there as well. Don’t be watching Toy Story 3 anytime soon. Glad you had a safe trip.</p>