Alabama Pre-Med track question for next semester

<p>My son is in Pre-Med freshman currently majoring in Psych. He has completed Calculus, will have completed PY 101 and 211, BSC 114, 115, ENG 103, CH 101 and CH 102 and their prospective among other courses.</p>

<p>My question is on the science end. For sophomore fall semester, I assume he should now take BSC 116 and BSC 117 and CH 231 (Organic Chem I) to stay on a track. My question is about the lab for Organic Chem. Since he will have to eventually take Organic Chem II, does he have the option take CH 237 (Organic Chem Lab) in either of the two next semester or does he have to take it in his first semester of CH 231? Or are there labs for each CH 231 and CH 232?</p>

<p>I don’t know if BSC 116 and lab and CH 231 with a lab is too much along with everything else or is this normal.</p>

<p>CH 237 (Organic lab) is designed to be taken concurrently with CH 232 (Organic II). He should take CH 232 & 237 next spring.</p>

<p>Does your son attend any of the pre-med functions/meetings? If not he should.</p>