Alabama's 13 "Making a Difference Award"

<p>Did anyone see last night’s 6PM news cast on NBC’s Alabama’s 13? It featured a University of Alabama student receiving the “Making A Difference Award” for his relief work with Convoy of Hope at Calvary Baptist Church after the April 27, 2011 Tornadoes. </p>

<p>I am the proud and humbled mom of the recipient. </p>

<p>More importantly, I am proud of ALL the University of Alabama students that contributed to the Tornado Relief efforts. Most will not be recognized and remain nameless. Form the bottom of my heart, I thank you! You ALL are MAKING A DIFFERENCE in the hearts and lives of others in need. </p>

<p>Again, THANK YOU!</p>

<p>PS, A message of encouragement to the incoming Class of 2015, You too can MAKE A DIFFERENCE! There are many opportunities for service projects all around campus. Jump in and keep the momentum going. There is still work to be done.</p>

<p>Congratulations to you and to your son!!!</p>

<p>How awesome!!!</p>

<p>Congrats to your son! And congrats to you and his dad for raising an awesome kid!</p>

<p>momof3boyz: Tell your son “Job Well Done” and Congratulations!</p>

<p>Very nice! Congrats!!</p>

<p>congrats!!!</p>

<p>Yes, Congrats! A very nice perk for a very nice job!</p>

<p>Congratulations and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>congrats Momof3, UA is lucky to have both your boys starting this fall!</p>

<p>Congratulations to your son for his contribution and to you for raising him!
Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Beautiful! Congratulations to your son and your family! Your son makes all of us proud :)</p>

<p>Thanks for all the wonderful comments. I know there are students and parents of students on this forum that worked beside my son. I can’t stress enough, my son could NOT have done all that was accomplished without the help from volunteers just like him. </p>

<p>Below is a link to an article that was just published in the NCAA Champions Magazine. This article highlighted the relief efforts after the tornadoes. </p>

<p>[NCAA</a> Champion Magazine](<a href=“http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/98baadee#/98baadee/22]NCAA”>http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/98baadee#/98baadee/22)</p>

<p>Roll Tide! Good job Mom and award recipient!</p>

<p>Thank you for sharing the article, it gave me chills. I love the line, “The toilet paper was our ticket into the city.” Your son and others made a difference in the lives of the folks in Tuscaloosa. Roll Tide!!</p>