Alabama's app is up?!

<p>A mom just pm’d me and said that her rising HS senior just submitted his app tonight. Wow…it’s up in June!!!</p>

<p>Try and see: [Apply</a> for Admission - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“How to Apply – Admissions”>http://apply.ua.edu/)</p>

<p>My daughter applied about a week ago! We are just waiting for her transcript to update with her DE Summer class before we send the transcript.</p>

<p>My daughter submitted hers 6/12, got her CWID and has mybama set up as well as her Crimson e-mail. Status shows they have received her transcripts and we are just waiting for SAT scores to be received. </p>

<p>We contacted our Regional Recruiter after seeing a thread from others indicating they were told to withdraw apps and get a refund but Rick Funk sent me an email advising all was good.</p>

<p>^^</p>

<p>Good! Have you submitted the scholarship app? That is required, even for assured scholarships. :)</p>

<p>FYI to others…After you submit your school app, you’ll get an email a couple of business days later with info to set up your MyBama acct. At that point, you can submit the scholarship app. </p>

<p>Do NOT wait til your accepted to submit the scholarship app.</p>

<p>HOWEVER, you can’t apply to the Honors College until you’re accepted.</p>

<p>AND…you’ll know that you’re accepted when extra links and tabs show up on your MyBama acct. This is kind of an early notification before you get your snail mail letters.</p>

<p>Lastly…Bama’s acceptance letter comes in a SMALL envelope. BUT, then you’ll also get a BIG envelope with a nice acceptance certificate.</p>

<p>Scholarship app is not available yet as of this morning… Still shows 12-13 with applications period passed message.</p>

<p>Mytwods: I looked at my D’13s application this morning, she submitted hers the same day as your D and we are also waiting for the scholarship application to go live. </p>

<p>I really wonder if my D will still want to apply to other schools after we revisit with her Dad next month.</p>

<p>Longsx3: We visted last week… I am asking my daughter to still apply to two, maybe three other schools but I think for her it is a done deal.</p>

<p>mytwods: After talking to H and D, I believe that D will also apply to a few other schools. FSU has an Honors College Law Program and U of Miami has a 6 yr BS/JD program so those are for sure, I am sure Duke will be on the list as well.</p>

<p>When I open the application page, there is no Fall 2013 box to check.</p>

<p>Nevermind. The print version doesn’t have it, but the electronic version did! Yay!</p>

<p>So, the application was really just that one page? No ACT? GPA? Essays? Seems too easy. :o</p>

<p>Momom2: You will get an email in a couple days that will dirrect you to send transcripts (GPA) as well as SAT/ACT scores.</p>

<p>Oh, okay. I assume that if my S had his ACT scores sent when he took the test in April, they will magically be matched up with his app. Right?</p>

<p>Last night, we all huddled up on the couch and watched DD apply to 'BAMA! </p>

<p>I had the honor of supplying my debit card (I’m special!!! lol)</p>

<p>Today the AP test results are available by phone. </p>

<p>This is an EXCITING TIME!!!</p>

<p>momom…yes, those scores should get matched up with your child. Many times people send scores before the app. Schools know that and can deal with that.</p>

<p>Yes…the app is that easy.</p>

<p>GPA will be gotten from transcripts (I guess Bama got tired of asking for GPA, but different schools used odd systems, so they’ll get it from transcript).</p>

<p>Test scores will be gotten from CB or ACT. </p>

<p>No essays! Yeah!!!</p>

<p>So if you do the application - and your GC’s aren’t in the office until August to send the transcript - is that OK? Or should my dd just wait to have her application go right before the GC’s come into school. I think DD will just want to wait - any harm in that?</p>

<p>It’s ok to apply and then send transcripts…that happens in the summer. I think it’s best to get everything out of the way as much as possible before busy senior year begins.</p>

<p>If your D applies NOW, she’ll soon have access to the scholarship app…which may include other scholarships that she’ll qualify for.</p>

<p>My D applied on the first day the application was available last summer, and her guidance counselor didn’t manage to get her transcript in until late September. It was no problem. If your daughter knows she’s going to apply to Alabama, there’s no reason not to get the application in and then fill out the scholarship app. There’s so much going on first semester senior year that it’s nice to be able to get as much as possible out of the way before school even starts (not, of course, that it takes much time to fill out the UA application).</p>

<p>Thanks - I will see what she thinks about this when she gets home from work. She definitely is applying to UA - she is on the cusp of NMSF so that will probably make a difference. We are going to visit in October - she has a friend that will be a freshman that she will stay with overnight. I know that there have been suggestions on calling the honors college to set up meetings - so we will do that once we know of her status.</p>