Alabama's app is up?!

<p>I have a friend whose D wants to apply to Alabama. She is a rising senior, in state, and has taken several honors and AP courses and will take 2 AP courses this year. She has a 3.5 gpa, but has never done well on standardized tests. After two tries, she has a 19 on the ACT. She plans to take it again. She wants to apply this summer as we have heard that Bama is more likely to admit students with lower scores if they apply early in the application cycle. Is it worth it to apply now with her current score? How likely is it that she will get admitted? If she gets rejected, can she re-apply if she gets a higher ACT score? Will they admit with some kind of academic probation? They are asking my advice and I really don’t know what to tell them at this point. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!</p>

<p>ditto, son applied with everyone else. Got email account etc. Waiting on scholarship application to become available. We’re very excited, but still visiting some SoCal schools in about two weeks.</p>

<p>When does the facebook group page for the incoming class of 2013 become available? I see one on FB now, but I thought I had understood that there would be one with access limited only to those with some sort of ID from UA. Is this the same, or different from the roommate finder thing?</p>

<p>Also, are IDs for these group pages given to students who have applied but are waiting for acceptance (such as my DD is now)??? Or are IDs given only after official acceptance. OR is the UA email address she has now what she needs?</p>

<p>In short, how does this all work???</p>