ALEKS Test at Purdue

<p>I have been accepted at Purdue University and I wanna be prepared for the ALEKS maths assessment test. My school ended at March and so its been two months of not studying for me. So I wanted to know what topics I should brush up. My math course in the final year at school included integration, application of integrals( finding areas and stuff), differentiation, application of derivatives(maxima/minima, increasing/decreasing functions and some more), matrices,determinants, differential equations, inverse trigonometry, vector algebra, probability, relations and functions. Trigonometry was done in prev years.</p>

<p>Btw I am an international (going to be freshman this fall) student.</p>

<p>And can anyone comment on the differences in computer science and computer engineering(software) programs at purdue university.</p>

<p>The ALEKS really isn’t too bad. It deals with exponential/logarithmic functions (solving for variables, graphing), graphing lines, knowing parallel/perpendicular equations, trigonometry (solving, graphing), and finding and graphing inverse functions. Most of it is pretty easy, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much.</p>

<p>As for the computer engineering vs computer science, I’m sorry I can’t be of any help.</p>

<p>Strongly recommend that you take the free online course to sample the test questions. It will take you through all the example types that will be on the test. Son took it cold–and scored in the mid 70’s–not that bad really. However, he went to the online course–used it to brush up on stuff he forgot and take example problems that he had not seen prior to this test. Took the test a second time and did not miss a single problem that he reviewed. So in his mind, yes it was easy once he did that “pre-work”.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone for answering.</p>

<p>Sent from my GT-I9100 using CC</p>