Alert about armed person on Frat Row - Phi Delta Theta?

<p>Anyone have more information on the situation?</p>

<p>Received text, email, and PA alert.</p>

<p>Got it too…DD is supposed to call me back with more info. Her sorority is suspending lunch and girls have been sent to their rooms to shut and lock doors.</p>

<p>I am very concerned because my D is in class very nearby. I just asked her if they are locking the building, but no answer. I would appreciate any and all information anyone receives.</p>

<p>why did I only receive info from Son, not UA? What settings do I need to change ands where?</p>

<p>Just talked to DD’s boyfriend who is watching the whole thing out his window. He seems to think that the boy was out hunting and returned and had his gun out. Police were called. Stay tuned as they are supposed to get back to me.
Vlines…I don’t know …DD set this up for us.</p>

<p>My info came from D also. We generally get emails after she gets them, but not texts.</p>

<p>is campus on lockdown, or not?</p>

<p>I got a phone call and an email from the University. DD said we signed up for it at Bama Bound. Since it’s been a few years I truly don’t remember.</p>

<p>I spoke directly to my daughter. She is at the DG house and says they are on lockdown and not allowed to leave. Didn’t ask if that was campus wide or just her sorority.</p>

<p>Just heard from D that her professor is calling someone to find out about the situation.</p>

<p>Ahpimommy, is the person in custody?</p>

<p>just got 2nd email that said no students were involved or hurt and more info was coming.</p>

<p>From the alert, it doesn’t sound like the whole campus is shut down. I just heard about it through PA, text, and phone. They’re telling everyone to avoid the area around Phi Delta. That’s all that’s been said.</p>

<p>The email I just received says that students are being told to stay away from the area. That is not comforting to me right now. And I hope it is a student that brought his gun back after hunting … except those guns are dangerous and not supposed to be on campus either.</p>

<p>UA Parents program posted and emailed:</p>

<p>Dear Parents,</p>

<p>No students were injured or involved. More info will be coming out shortly</p>

<p>Yeah supposedly they’re supposed to be kept in lock up in the police department unless you are going out hunting.</p>

<p>Use this link for info on setting up alerts. I couldn’t figure out how to set up a parent alert, so I went to my son’s account and added his cell number as the home number and my cell number as the cell number, so we both receive alerts.</p>

<p><a href=“http://prepare.ua.edu/?page_id=1700[/url]”>http://prepare.ua.edu/?page_id=1700&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>UA facebook just posted:</p>

<p>“TPD has the suspect in custody off campus. No one was injured on campus and no students were involved. Please resume normal activities.”</p>

<p>D just told me that he was in custody and off campus and they were given an all clear.</p>

<p>D just texted to say they are hearing it may have been an ex-spouse of an employee…again…this is coming from students who were texting someone in one of the frat houses and I was hesitant to post because it is strictly hearsay.</p>

<p>I am concerned that the professor was calling to find out what to do since she didn’t know ahead of time. She tried to lock her classroom but couldn’t??? If this is indeed the case, that needs to be corrected immediately. Every professor/employee on campus needs to know without a doubt what to do in a situation like this ahead of time.</p>