alias email

<p>Hey is anyones alias email address that the school assigned working for anyone?</p>

<p>How do u even use it? LOL i know I have one, and im really curious as to where to go to activate it and begin to use it.</p>

<p>well i think it says that anything sent to your alias is then sent to your "preferred" email address. But im not really sure i havnt been able to receive anything.</p>

<p>why dont u look on my thread, thats what i was just talking about...nope it doesnt work yet...have you been admitted?</p>

<p>Yea ive been adbmitted and i get same message. I want to try and start using the Cane Mail but how do u even access it?</p>

<p>The alias is exactly that.... an alias. It will redirect mail to your "Preferred E-mail Address". This means that there is no CANE Mail or Internet Mail box that has storage on UM's servers or anything. That email address is simply for the sake of getting "@umiami.edu" so people know you're a student. This will only route mail to whatever email address you gave them.</p>

<p>I know this because I got my email alias in November and had a friend shoot an email to it... and not surprisingly it arrived in my gmail account (my preferred email address).</p>

<p>kensir how long did it take because i have tried to get stuff from it and it hasnt worked</p>

<p>It's been working for me since January.</p>

<p>Wat about when u actually begin to attend classes at UMiami, do they give u an actual storage space on a server or the process remains the same?</p>

<p>The process used to remain the same, but in the last few weeks UM redid their email system and the kids now receive their mail at their @umiami.edu address.</p>

<p>Yes yesterday I noticed a website where u can actually have server space in the UM system. go to admission checklist, then go to future canes, then go to academics, then technology, then finally in technology select "technology and student life." In there scroll down to the part that says student email. theres a link to a whole site dedicated to that. its pretty complicated and im still finding out how to use it. I found out last night and didnt have time to go over the whole thing but it looks like the mail thingy works.</p>