Already accepted at A&M and then I flunked a course in High school

I received my acceptance letter from Texas A&M last month and then I find out that I flunked a Senior English class in the Fall semester of high school. I am taking grade recovery class now. How bad did I screw up? Is this something that will keep me out of A&M?

Call and ask. No one can tell you but them.

FWIW, when my son was a Sr last year, he was in an engineering internship class. One of his classmates also in the class and already accepted to A&M engineering, flunked one 6 weeks of the internship class during the second semester. The transcripts from our high school do not list the grades for each 6 weeks and only report final semester grades. So even with the one F, his overall semester grade was passing. Didn’t affect him at all. That being said, the class was not one that is dependent upon his graduation credits criteria. If you are doing grade recovery, I think you will be fine. Final transcripts are more for proving that you actually graduated and satisfied the credit requirements for admission.

How did you flunk an English class?

Its usually only the Ivy leagues and similar like Stanford, Carnegie Mellon, Duke, etc. that care about your grades after you are accepted. You should be fine but you should definitely check with TAMU.