Alumni Crimson Scholarship

<p>Does anyone know what additional documentation is needed for this? My son has the basic parameters (gpa, class rank etc,) but additional documentation is needed per the website… I cannot find anything on the website that explains exactly what they are looking for… I am thinking it is an essay of some type on leadership but not sure. He has already submitted a resume with his honors college app.</p>

<p>His english teacher wants them to start working on college essays but to her surprise we are accepted and done. But this one piece of the puzzle remains along with the fellows app.</p>

<p>Isn’t whatever is necessary for consideration on the general Bama scholarship app?</p>

<p>Has your son filled out the general scholarship app?</p>

<p>If you’re still not sure, send an email to Carolyn Rogers, director of scholarships.</p>

<p>carolyn rogers - <a href=“mailto:carolyn.rogers@ua.edu”>carolyn.rogers@ua.edu</a>
Carolyn Rogers 205-348-6756</p>

<p>Nothing additional is needed. We had the same questions when D filled out the general scholarship app and selected the Alumni Crimson Scholarship. We contacted Undergraduate Scholarships and they said nothing additional was required. We also checked with the Alumni Scholarship Department and they said the same. They just wanted students who qualified to self identify themselves to let them know that they would like to be considered for the scholarship. </p>

<p>It also states on the Scholarship page on the Admissions website that ‘Students from Madison County, Alabama, and the contiguous counties of Jackson, Limestone, Marshall, and Morgan, are given priority consideration for a Gowen or Steven Mitchell Crimson Scholarship and must submit a typed one-page narrative statement describing personal financial need.’ so that could also explain why some would need additional documentation.</p>

<p>Hope that helps!</p>

<p>Thank you for the help. It seemed like they wanted an additional piece of information but never stated what that was. I forgot about it as my son did his applications in July. Now that he is getting down to writing essays for honors programs I remembered that prompt. Since we are not residents of the areas mentioned, no need for anything else. Thanks again. you guys are the best.</p>