Am I a shoe-in?

LUC has quickly taken my top school spot, my only question is, what are my chances of getting in? I have a lower gpa (2.9 weighted, 3.2 UW) but I have strong EC’s with teaching confirmation classes, soccer, lacrosse, helping disabled kids play soccer, and 2 two jobs. I only have a letter from my guidance counselor and my SAT is an 1850. The catch is I’m from an extremely affluent area, kids on my schools scattergram seemed to be autoaccepted with a 2.8+ and a 1700. I’m hispanic and don’t need financial aid, do you think I’ll be admitted?

I think you’ll be accepted. Just apply as early as possible! Loyola is a great school, hope to see you here someday.

You will probably get in. I was admitted with the dean’s scholarship around November or December. I, at the time, had a 2.89 cumulative unweighted GPA, 28 ACT, and very strong extracurriculars in debate and some other clubs. Like you, I am Hispanic and from an affluent area. What helped me was debate because that’s applicable to any major - did you sit on your ECs on the application? Do you have an upward trend in your GPA? If the answer is yes, you’re probably safe. You have good test scores too. Are you in or out of state? This will effect your admission chances too. You’re probably fine though