Am I going to get rejected by all the schools I am applying to?

I didn’t do very well on the verbal I got a 56th percentile on the reading, 28th percentile on the quantitative, and 9th percentile on the verbal :(. My overall score was 1911 and I don’t know if that’s so terrible I definitely won’t get in, or if its ok and I have a chance. I am applying to Dana Hall, Winsor, BB&N(I loved BB&N the second I got there and I am really worried I won’t be able to go there with my test grades).

What is your overall SSAT score in terms of 1 to 99 ?

In my view, the least important score on the SSAT is the verbal portion. Reading & quantitive are more important.

An overall score of 30 on the SSAT is low for BB&N. I am not familiar with Winsor & Dana Hall.

P.S. Admissions decisions are based on much more than just an applicant’s SSAT score so it is difficult to offer a guess as to whether or not you will be accepted at these schools.

I don’t know the paper they sent doesn’t include that. How would I find it?

Oh I found it. I got a 30 percentile overall :(. I think I can tell that it is bad but is it so bad I shouldn’t expect to get in? My family can’t afford for me to take it again.

1 Like

Ask for a fee waiver at a school you’re applying to.

1 Like

I will thank you! But, I also want advice on the first test scores I got

What do you mean? Sorry, I didn’t understand.

Don’t send it. Most schools are test optional so do t shoot yourself in the foot. Most kids don’t send scores. I think Exeter is the only school that wants it so don’t apply there. Take the pressure off yourself and don’t sweat it!

Thank you! Its good to know that verbal isn’t as important. I am disappointed that its low for BB&N but I will just have to wait and see.

1 Like

Ok good to know :slight_smile: thanks for the advice.

I did a quick search, and it appears that both Dana Hall and BB&N require test scores (I didnt search Winsor)…I do think your scores may give admissions officers pause, but Im also not familiar enough with any of the schools on your list and/or your application profile, so it’s hard to know if your scores would be deal breaker. I would definitely add some test optional schools, and not submit scores to those schools.

2 Likes