am i good?

<p>junior at public magnet school
employee at supermarket to help mom
emt working overnight shift (7 at night to 11 in the morning!!!!)
skewl runs till 4
bout to get over 190 psat and at least 2200 on sat
got a 3.89 gpa which will go up after this year
taking only ap chem (only ap that fit my schedule) along with college credit spanish course
applying tto college through questbridge
volunteer at hospital
above average varsity track and field sprinter
top 5% in class</p>

<p>im black and white and come from a seriously disadvantaged home (father died and parents always had probs whether it was alcohol or other stuff :(
trying to get into yale and prolly mites. what do yall think?</p>

<p>Its good that you have work experience and are in the EMT program (but how can you possibly work till 7pm to 11am, unless you mean 1 am but thats still alot). If you can achieve your PSAT/SAT score it would also be beneficial. The fact that you’ve only taken 1 AP and 1 CC Spanish course doesn’t really seem too impressive though (especially for Yale), so you’re 3.89 GPA may seem irrelevent if you haven’t been taking many AP classes. Go for questbridge, too, it’ll help a lot. You’re ECs are lacking, btw. If you aren’t phenomanal at Sports you should try to be. </p>

<p>good luck</p>

<p>well for the emt thing i made a mistake. I go from 11 friday night to 7 am saturday morning. Also in my school all the classes you take are automatically honors and there is no weighted gpa. Fianlly with the ap thing, my school only lets you take ap’s after sophomore year and you have to take ap’s along with required courses. So for example even though im taking ap chem, I already took honors chem last year. kinda weird but that’s how they do things. next year i will be taking ap physics, ap spanish, ap bio, as us gov, and ap lit or ap economics. also what can i do about my ecs. I mean i do spanish honor society and will be doing nhs as soon as im a senior (have to be a senior to be eligble). ill try to become leader in one of those fields, but with everything that im doiing i cant handle anything else. </p>

<p>work takes up at least 20 hours a week. track practice is everyday. i mean why you think im doing ambulance so late at night. I feel that if i do anymore, I will seriously burnout. Do you think that I should add a club like hosa or rotary? If i do my grades will definitley drop. Please helpp me. Your opinions are greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>to be honest I think you’re good on the EC part DO NOT burn yourself out, and toanswer your initial question you seem to be on the right track, keep up the good work.</p>

<p>thanks peacelovesoul…anybody else answering…I need all the opinions i can get</p>

<p>^^^Oh. Then you’re just fine. Make sure to do well on the PSAT (score at least 210 if you can) so you can be eligible for NMS and NAS.</p>

<p>idk about that…i live in jersey lol…you need 221 i heard…maybe if i started studying earlier then i would have prolly been able to make it buh not soo soon</p>

<p>^Oh Tough Luck.:frowning: I live in florida all I need is a 210. Well either way best of luck.</p>

<p>u so lucky lol…i hate nj</p>