Am I making the right choice?

<p>I want to go to Purdue for psychology. But do you think I'm choosing the right school? My choices are extemely limited...but I'm starting to have doubts. Every school is known for being really great for specific majors. I've never heard any good things about Purdue's psychology program. Then again, I've never heard anything bad, either. But what do you think? Is Purdue a good school? Is it good for psychology? Do you think I'm making the right choice? My only other option is Illinois State, or Western Michigan. And I don't even know if I really want to be at either of those schools.</p>

<p>if you are in-state for purdue. i would definitely go there. however, if you are in-state at one of the other places that throws a wrinkle into the scenario. the most important thing is that you are happy with where you are going</p>

<p>^ I agree with his comment. The most important thing is that you are happy with where you are going. For example, I transferred out of Purdue due to better finances at my current school. However, I’m not fond of the students or the school in general which made me realize that I should go back to Purdue. Doing this, I wasted time due to credits that wouldn’t transfer back to Purdue. So, if Purdue is the school you are happy with then go for it.</p>

<p>einstein10 knows what’s up, but if it makes you feel any better, I’m going to skip Johns Hopkins to major in chemistry @ Purdue, and I’ve never heard anything about Purdue’s chem program. (i.e. - I think Purdue is a good school in general) cost should play some part in your decision (so whether or not you’re in-state will matter), but like einstein10 said, go with what feels right. visit the campuses, ask questions, and you will know. if you’re going to be miserable at one of those schools, it’s worth going in some debt to go somewhere else. and even though I don’t know about the psych programs at any of those schools, I’d imagine that the education would be similar - but realize that Purdue’s name carries more weight than the other two</p>

<p>i am currently a psychology major here at purdue and it is well worth it. i am an out-of-state student also. just know that you will probably need to go to grad school in order to get a decent job but purdue has a very good program for undergrad and and grad school</p>

<p>I will have always my doubts on my choice, but I truly believe at the moment it is the best for me</p>