Am I on a good path at all? Tips?

<p>I’m in the middle of my 2nd semester of Junior year, and I was wondering if you guys have any tips for me to make my chances higher for getting accepted into the UCs.</p>

<p>I want to major in Psychology.</p>

<p>GRADES:
10th grade -
English H: A / A
World Culture H: A / A
Algebra II: B / B
Biology: A / B
Spanish 1-2: A / A
GPA = 3.8 / 3.6</p>

<p>11th grade -
AP Lit: B+
AP US History: A-
Pre-Calc: B
Chemistry: A
Spanish 3-4: B+
Theatre Arts: A+
GPA = 3.5UW, 3.833W</p>

<p>There are only two AP classes offered for Juniors, but next year I plan on taking 3-4 AP classes (4 being the largest amount offered for 12th grade I think).</p>

<p>I haven’t taken SAT I or SAT II yet, but I will later this year. If it gives any indication at all I got a 59 critical reading, 51 math, and 63 writing on my PSATs without studying at all. Not very good but I think I can do much better with studying for my SATs.</p>

<p>ECs:
128 hours of volunteer work at a local hospital
Worked as a poll booth worker for the February 5th primary election (plan on working for the June and November elections as well)
CSF (10-11)
GSA (11)
Filipino American Club (11)
Pacific Asian Club (11)
Yearbook (10-11 - editor of the academic section if that matters at all)
Interact (9)
I plan on having a summer job</p>

<p>I’m half Filipino and half white. Not sure about my parents’ exact income, but my mom makes about $18,200 per year (I think) and my dad is retired. I would be first generation. I am a California resident and I go to a pretty small public school.</p>

<p>One: get as many A's as you can this year. Two: If you think you can get an A in a UC transferable class from your local CC, then take one this summer. That will show up as a weighted class and will raise your GPA and the number of
A-G classes you have on your transcript. Take something you are really interested in so you will do well. Take two if you think you can get an A in both. Your senior year rigor looks good.</p>

<p>Thanks. If I follow those tips and do decently well on my SATs, what UCs do you think I can get into?</p>

<p>What is your UC GPA?</p>

<p>My UC gpa is 3.75.</p>