Am I supposed to click "Accept Admission"? on Howdy

I was just looking through my howdy today when I clicked on “Manage Application”.

Above it said

Texas A&M University - College Station Fall 2018

Application Status: WHOOP! You have been Admitted Level: Undergraduate Major: UNEN Program: BAC-UNEN

Then I see 3 different buttons

“Accept Admission” , “Change Major” , and “Decline Admission”.

Am I supposed to click anything?

When I go to my AIS, it still says Engineering Review. I don’t have to click anything for engineering review right?

Update

I clicked Accept Admission and it basically did nothing, so I suppose as an engineering review, you aren’t supposed to do anything.

Now that you accepted your admissions, you can sign up for nsc. Do your housing contract. You have 30 days from receiving the admission to be priority housing.

@Thelma2

You can’t actually do that. It lets you click “Accept Admission”, but then redirects to “engineering review”. NSC is still unavailable.

@RMNiMiTz whoop. Congrats. I’m assuming it won’t let you register yet so that you make sure you sign up for a NSC with your college depending on engineering or 2nd choice! Good luck on this last phase. So exciting.

@RMNiMiTz Double check your AIS. I’m pretty sure it should say, “NSC - Admission Accepted, Congratulations on becoming an Aggie…” There will also be a chart with checklists of things you need/can complete, like apply for housing, apply for scholarships, etc. and check marks when completed. I can’t remember if you said you were planning on living on campus, but if you do, you only have 30 days from offer to acceptance to be considered for priority housing. If your AIS doesn’t say “NSC - Admission Accepted, Congratulations on becoming an Aggie…” I would call TAMU as soon as possible. I’d hate for you to miss the deadline.

@RMNiMiTz Congratulations !! May I ask how long your application was under the review? and did you apply as a transfer student or freshman?

It has been about one week that my application is under the review, and I applied to engineering school as a transfer student. I’m just too anxious to know their decision.

@trish02

I only see “you’ve been accepted”, even after clicking accept (which basically just redirects you to the AIS “my app status”.

I’m pretty sure that passing engineering review is a requirement in order to register for NSC.

Do you know if that applies to the corp of cadets? Since cadets are required to live on the quad, I dunno if that really matters.

@Aggie1992

I applied as a freshman so my experience is probably different from yours. I know freshman who applied before the early deadline will receive notification in December, but I don’t know how it works for transfers.

@RMNiMiTz - I would call admissions just to be safe. I don’t know much about engineering review, I’m sorry. My son is a physics major, so he was able to accept his admissions right away. Accepting admission is signing up for NSC. You might be right about passing the engineering review being a requirement to register for NSC because when register for NSC you need to sign up on a date that your college is there. My concern would be that NSC dates fill up fast, so the sooner you can sign up for NSC, the better. I didn’t remember you were joining the Corp of Cadets. That’s wonderful! I think you are correct, you will be okay with housing. I’m sure you’ll get engineering; your stats are great!

@RMNiMiTz You’re right. I forgot you were still waiting on the engineering decision. Yea, you will just have to wait on that decision before you can sign up for NSC. Congrats tho on the getting in part. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

@Thelma2

Thanks!