American University Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for American University Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

2 Likes

When should we expect to hear back?

1 Like

Last year it was Wednesday March 16th.

1 Like

AU will normally send out an email about a week in advance letting applicants know of the decision date. They normally announce in mid-March.

2 Likes

The waiting is the worst part. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

Was anyone applying EA asked for quarter or midterm grades today?

2 Likes

Somebody posted in the CC calendar thread that American RD was coming out on 3/16. I can’t find this anywhere. Has anyone heard this officially or did they just post a rumor?

1 Like

Was wondering the same. I’m sort of hating that calendar - people are just posting anything and admins aren’t verifying before they add.

3 Likes

@PAMom24, it is true we cannot 100% verify the dates the community feed us. However, judging from past experiences most of them have been true. Users also state their sources. Also, this is work in progress, so as soon as we hear anything else we make adjustments to the calendar to reflect that. Do you have any dates other than American University that you are on the fence about?

1 Like

I just realized - this is last year’s date and time! (Posted in the Class of 26 group). They haven’t released a date this year as far as I know.

1 Like

Stating sources would help, but many aren’t. Thanks. The Georgetown date of 4/1 is just a general listing from their website (like everyone else), not an announcement.

AU normally emails students the week before decisions are announced letting them know the date. Before that email comes out, everything is mostly rumors/hearsay.

4 Likes

looks like decisions are coming out on the 16th (next week thursday)!!!
AU admissions Instagram posted a cute little video with the date!!! they didn’t mention the time but I am assuming it will be around 3pm est, as it was the past few years: )

4 Likes

what’s their insta handle?

@ auadmissions

Granted, I am tired and stressed, but: I didn’t find that video cute, I found it annoying that we had to sit through two minutes of zero substance just to get to the date at the very end. Put it in the post itself, AU! Sheesh.

2 Likes

(It’s also on FB for anyone who prefers that: American University Admissions)

1 Like

hey y’all!! just check my portal again and out of curiosity I clicked “view” for my application and there it had a line that said “waitlist response: not received: start” is this the case with everyone else or is it just for me?

i have the same thing.

1 Like

kind of surprised to be honest… american was a safety, it might be a glitch since I saw a lot of people said they have it too on zeemee (people with really high scores)

1 Like