American University Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Students don’t declare a major until the end of their second year. The university expects that there will be students who change their intended major, sometimes more than once. It shouldn’t be a problem. One thing I would suggest is to try to make sure that any prerequisites for a potential major are included in her schedule while she’s trying to decide to avoid having to take extra classes.

4 Likes

Just curious if there are any other admitted students who are STEM, Environ. Sci, or something a little more unusual for AU.

1 Like

My daughter is an Env. Science major and is a freshman at AU! She has found her happy place, her people… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So glad to hear! My son just emailed to see it he can meet with a faculty member when we are on campus on the 8th. Would you mind if I private message you with a few questions?

1 Like

Our admitted D22 is STEM. However, she just committed to UW. Opposite coast. There was a lot she liked about AU but decided she wanted a big school. AU was the only “small” school in her top 3. Good luck to all with your decisions.

1 Like

Did anyone else attend the Cornerstone session at the event on Friday?
We were surprised, based on the acceptance letter, that our DD wasn’t automatically enrolled in the program. She went to reserve her spot on Friday on the ride home and the study abroad arm was already filed. Sort of disappointed in how this was packaged/presented to the students.