American University Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

I got into honors too! Do you happen to know how it is/what students think about it?

That is an insane amount of aid! We canā€™t swing it, they only gave us half that.

Curious if any full-pay students (i.e., did not even apply for financial aid) received merit awards?? Thanks

Yes.

1 Like

D22 did not apply for financial aid and received $10K per year in merit.

2 Likes

If they got merit money that is in the acceptance letter, I believe. You can also check the financial aid tab.

If you havenā€™t heard by May 1st and want to try to get in from the waitlist, you can either take your chances and decline the other acceptances or accept your next choice and know that you will lose your deposit if decide to a spot at AU if a spot becomes available.

1 Like

My S is a freshman in honors and has had a really good experience. Heā€™s enjoyed living on the same floor with the other honors students and has made some good friends. Heā€™s also enjoyed his honors classes so far.

Yes. Merit is separate from need based financial aid.

1 Like

I think they are saying they are out of state from the northeast

Congrats! My S is in honors and has had a really good experience.

Same as adwess. Did not apply for aid, received 10K/year in merit.

2 Likes

34 ACT
4.5 gpa
Ranked 11 of 420
8 AP classes
ECs

Waitlisted. I assume if come off of waitlist there wonā€™t be scholarship $ available. Sad.

Accepted with 20k merit and the Cornerstone Program.
I read on last yearā€™s thread that Cornerstone is a delayed start. Anyone know more about this?

Yes.

1 Like

Does anyone know for sure if itā€™s a hard no if honors is not mentioned in the acceptance letter? I remember reading that honors decisions would be made between mid-March and April 1.

40K? Per year or total??

Similar to a few others, our D was offered 10K per year. We also did not apply for aid so if my math is correct the net cost for tuition, fees and R&B would be 69K - 10K = 59K. Plus books, travel & other exp. AU is in her top 3 but easily the most expensive. Too bad.

I donā€™t think anyone other than the AO can answer that for sure. I can say that when we initially inquired about the program, we were told that the decision for honors would be shared at the same time as admissions. And that is how my studentsā€™ letter came through. But perhaps students who donā€™t accept their admissions offer will open up spaces for others and another round of honors offerings comes later? I would reach out and ask.

40k total - same (sorry for lack of clarity, I was excited for her, so great to finally get some news, and posted without being more clear). And yes, itā€™s def exp. but less exp than my Dā€™s first choice.

Congrats to your D - thatā€™s fantastic that she got accepted + $ in one of her top 3!

Yes - rolling out tonight. NJ , CT, NY have results out.