American University Waitlist Fall 2023

Hey I was waitlisted at American and wanted to see if anyone has gotten any updates yet?

My DD got off the WL at American today, but she has chosen another program and is happy with her decision. She did receive merit with her offer.

2 Likes

Oh congrats to her when did you hear back and do you know if they are sending them in waves. It’s my top choice right now still haven’t heard back, did she send a loci?

1 Like

She heard Saturday morning. She sent a response to the original decision, but didn’t send anything further. She had higher stats than AU usually requires but didn’t demonstrate a lot of interest other than a visit. I think that was her original issue. It was originally fairly high on her list. DC is a very fun place to go to school. Her major kind of solidified from a more general one to a more narrow subset of that major recently. She realized that she needed to choose the best program for her interests rather than just a great place to go to college.

2 Likes

If anyone cares to know they did send an email out regarding further interest in maintaining your spot on the waitlist.This has made me a little hopeful but time will tell

I hope you get my daughter’s spot! I’ll send good thoughts.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

DD was offered a spot off the waitlist today with Merit Aid

I was just offered a spot too I haven’t even opened the email yet but I’m so happy!

Hi, did you get a call from your AU counselor taking you off the waitlist or email/portal update?

I’m so happy for you!!!

1 Like

My daughter just got an email.

Just the email!

Any idea how many people they’ll be taking off or by when? I’m really hopeful here!

1 Like

I have no idea but Goodluck to you I hope you get in.

Got off!

Yayyy congrats!

Wait list decisions released by now for AU?

Yes I think a good amount have come out