Amherst Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Amherst Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

3 Likes

Anyone get an email confirming the name you use? might be a mass email.

We got it. These emails are just cruel, confirm your name for our reject letter :joy:

2 Likes

Got the email too but I thought the same thing! Just to make sure they are rejecting the right person :joy:

Decisions on March 17 at 6:21 PM.

1 Like

Any portal astrology this time around?

Interested in knowing as well

This probably won’t be helpful, but when I checked my decision (for Class of 2025) I was a couple hours later than the release time. They had an invite to join the ZeeMee admitted students group chat on the page before the decision. I’m assuming this was added after the decisions were released and I just saw the invite because I was late to the game :laughing:

3 Likes

Helpful for us sleuths! Thank you!

1 Like

I got in!!! 21 minutes after a Williams waitlist…day ended well :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Waitlisted here, rejected from Williams. Damn.

1 Like

DD was waitlisted. This is the first one that made me cry😢

Ugh. Waitlisted again. This is the third waitlist this week.

Waitlisted as well

My DD got in !!

3 Likes

DD was Waitlisted and rejected from Williams. 36 ACT, 4.0. Excellent recs, strong highly focused arts EC. Top BS.
Has good safety options but the fit isn’t quite there so hoping for better news from the 5 remaining.

1 Like

oh yeah, I got rejected as well. 3.8 UW, 4.4 W.

2 Likes

Daughter rejected.

“This year Amherst received more than 12,700 applications for an incoming class of just 473 students. Each application was read in its entirety; nearly all the applicants were academically qualified and had the enthusiastic support of their teachers and guidance counselors. Selecting among those highly talented and accomplished applicants was a daunting task. We only were able to admit nine percent of our applicants.”

That’s not 9%. 473/12,700 is less than 4%. Super low! Hmmm, Amherst can’t do division? :slight_smile: LOL

1 Like

They admit more than the number in the class because not all will accept a spot. They have a good idea of how many additional to admit because they know what their yield typically is.

8 Likes

They accept more than the 473. All these LACs accept twice or more the amount of spots they have because they know the students they are accepting are also getting accepted at Ivys and other top schools. You can visit their common data set if you want exact numbers.
Son accepted.

3 Likes