Analytical Writing Placement Exam‏

<p>I just got an email to take this exam to meet the entry level writing requirement. Is it easy to pass it? I got 660 on writing section… so close…</p>

<p>Do u have an AP test?
like above 3 score?</p>

<p>if u do</p>

<p>u can get out of it...</p>

<p>I know some people who say the test is pretty easy if your good with like writing</p>

<p>Can you copy and paste the email? I open it and it's blank..</p>

<p>I got the email too but I passed English 1A at JC last semester. Do I still hv to take the test?</p>

<p>What are the requirements to test out of this ?</p>

<p>I also have passed a summer class at a local CC (passed english 1A w/ a A)</p>

<p>Dear Candidate:</p>

<p>All undergraduates entering the University of California must satisfy the Entry Level Writing Requirement -- that is, they must demonstrate their ability to write effective essays. University records show that you have not already satisfied the Entry Level Writing Requirement with a score of 680 or more on the College Board SAT Reasoning Test (Writing section); score of 30 or greater on the ACT Combined English/Writing test; a score of 3, 4, or 5 on either Advanced Placement (AP) English Examination; a score of 5 or above on the International Baccalaureate Higher Level English A exam; or a grade of C or higher in an acceptable college course in English composition. If you have received a letter of admission from the University of California and are planning to attend, you must take the Universitywide Analytical Writing Placement Examination (AWPE). To do so, you must</p>

<p>send the invoice below with the test fee to the address provided or make your payment online through our online payment system at <a href="http://www.ucop.edu/sas/awpe%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.ucop.edu/sas/awpe&lt;/a>
report to the above test center by 9:00 AM on May 9 with
A COPY OF THIS EMAIL -- IT IS YOUR TICKET OF ADMISSION</p>

<p>an identification card (school ID, driver's license or other government ID)</p>

<p>a pen with dark ink</p>

<p>@HelloAll: did u get the email?</p>

<p>Yeh I did, which prolly means I'll have to take the exam.</p>

<p>@HA: that's weird 'cuz they said we dont hv to take it if we got "a grade of C or higher in an acceptable college course in English composition."</p>

<p>I'm guessing it didn't meet their requirement. I emailed them, hopefully I'll get a clearer explanation.</p>

<p>what if you can't show on this day?</p>

<p>I can't believe it's during AP testing. How could they?</p>

<p>Its on a saturday, haha. I think its worth it if you get to ditch English 1A from the UCs.</p>

<p>What if you got the email and it was blank?</p>

<p>mine was blank too o :/</p>

<p>My email was also blank :(. I'm using gmail, what are you guys using?</p>

<p>Mines was blank too, I'm using gmail. I had to use the older version to make the text appear.</p>

<p>Mine was blank when I viewed the message with Firefox. When I loaded Gmail in IE, the message loaded fine. Weird.</p>

<p>I got an A in AP English both terms and I still got this email. Anyway I can get out of the test? I'm taking the AP English test in May too, but obviously the results wont be back in time.</p>

<p>I'm in the same spot as you: 670 on writing.</p>

<p>What is the test? An essay and short critical reading?</p>