Ancient World History AP

Anyone know when the Ancient History exam is being offered? The site and hotline weren’t helpful.

1 Like

AP exams are offered annually in May every year. As for AP World History: Ancient, it is not currently offered as an exam or a course. It is still in the development stages.
https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/courses/ap-world-history/course/confirming-interest-in-ap-ancient

1 Like

Hopefully it’s offered before I leave HS. Will probably have to alter my program.

Hopefully I can do the Modern World History exam next spring and the Ancient History exam eventually. Hopefully it won’t adversely effect me.

You won’t be adversely affected by not taking a course that doesn’t exist. No one will have this course.

1 Like

It will not impact applications; you cannot take a class/exam that does not exist
What may impact an application (and English grades) is misusing affect versus effect. "Affect " is the word you wanted.

Regardless, don’t plan on AP Ancient History being offered during your HS career

Based on no hard data, just hunches and reading between the lines, I wouldn’t expect an Ancient AP course any time soon.

@skieurope THANKS for pointing out my bad grammar (I mean that sincerely!). :smile: I worried material covered in AH would be covered on the Modern Exam.

Nope. The modern wh exam does not test ancient.

1 Like

That’s good to know! I worried stuff I’d learn in AH would be necessary for MH.

That’s good to know! I worried stuff I’d learn in AH would be necessary for MH.