Animal Science major

<p>Hi people this is the first time posting in cc nice to meet you all :D</p>

<p>So my dream is becoming a veterinarian in the future. I just got rejected by UCSD :’( but so far I got into UCD’s animal science major and Cal Poly Pomona’s animal health science. I’m still waiting for UCSB and USC’s reply.
My target is to get into UCD’s vet school, is UCD really a better choice than Cal Poly? because I’ve heard that UC’s professors are busy doing their own research so they don’t really teach in their classes. On the other hand however, Cal State’s professors will focus more on teaching their students. I’ve also heard that UCD’s grad school don’t really accept students graduated from UCD because they would rather to have more students from other universities.
Also, since UCD has one of the best animal science program, how big is its class? is it going to be like a 300 students class? </p>

<p>I’m an international student, you guys could probably tell by my poor English :stuck_out_tongue:
anyways, just being curious. My parents are those typical Asian parents so they care more about the ranking of school I’m attending. But becoming a veterinian has always been my dream so I really want make the right choice.</p>

<p>By the way, is UC Santa Barbara really that bad? It’s an old school and it has the most gorgeous UC campus. However, my guardian is opposed to allowing me to attending UCSB.</p>