Anoher question, this time on scholarship notifications

<p>It says the letters go out in March on the website, will he get any kind of confirmation of eligibility when he is accepted (like next week)? I don’t trust anything until I see it, and so how can you know how to decide until March? Also his scores are unweighted (3.63), if the counselor actually writes in the weighted would he have qualified for a bigger scholarship??? (3.9 with 33 ACT composite?)</p>

<p>You can see it in writing:</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Source: [Out-of-State</a> Scholarships - Undergraduate Scholarships - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/out_of_state.html]Out-of-State”>http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/out_of_state.html)</p>

<p>No need to worry. Your son is assured this scholarship.</p>

<p>My class of 2016 son was accepted by October 1 last year. He received Presidential Scholarship letter dated October 20, 2011 and Engineering Scholarship letter dated October 31, 2011. You will get a letter stating your student is qualified before March. No worries.</p>

<p>My D received her preliminary scholarship letter a few days after the acceptance letter. The letter confirmed the automatic scholarship. It said the official FA letter will come out in march.</p>

<p>Note: This was only for the automatic scholarship. There are other scholarships that are not awarded until Jan-Mar time frame.</p>

<p>Note2: This assumes you have submitted the separate FA application.</p>

<p>Regarding GPA: Don’t worry about it. Most schools take the raw grades and calculate the GPA with their formula. That makes the kids more comparable.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Don’t you have until May 1 to decide? (common response date)</p>

<p>i may be incorrect but dont think ua recalculates…they take what is on the transcript…or at least that is how it was when my son applied. the only time i have heard they recalculate is if the school uses an unusual grading system ie 5 point, but not if it is in the 4.0 grading system</p>

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>Thanks, what I meant is I am pretty sure that once he has confirmation of the pres scholarship we will make the deposit and be DONE with this for now, but if we weren’t sure until March he would be smart to keep applying at other schools…</p>

<p>As long as we get some kind of letter I will feel better, again this all just seems to good to be true…</p>

<p>If his transcript reflected the the weighted GPA he would be automatically considered for fellows/cba, but he can still apply with recommendations with a 3.6, so he will do that too…</p>